The 2015 Outcome

Luxembourg, Belgium, The Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Liechtenstein, Slovenia

Re: The 2015 Outcome

Postby Berislav Horvatic » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:25 pm

Daniel Bohle wrote:Don´t worry Peter.
In rare cases - if we find absolutly no snakes - we also shoot lizards, but just if we are totally bored :D

Niklas Ban wrote:Bero :lol: I like it.

Peter, PLEASE, give us some warm moral support after all... we do deserve it - in our opinion, at least...
Berislav Horvatic

Hometown: Zagreb

Postby Berislav Horvatic » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:11 pm

And yes of course, I do really like the light and shiny appearance of the photos but I disagree
that this is as light as hell and that this does not look like real life

I would support that, no matter whether one "likes" hues like that or not. I remember my own brother
commenting on my photos and someone else's, taken at the same time, in the same place. He said, it
was bright sunshine, and your photos just reveal (reproduce?!) THAT, what (as?) we saw with our eyes
there, on the spot, so why are you so unhappy? The other guys obviously prefer to make colours more
"saturated", or their cameras have already done that by their own (default) presettings...
Well, he personally really detests OVERSATURATING colours & contrast (with "Photoshop", or whichever),
while I would personally prefer to remain "somewhere in the middle". Even my (to my own taste) "quite
moderate" saturating anything at all has been almost always just way too much for him... He has been
criticizing me quite a lot whenever it comes to that, for years. And, needless to say, we both really love
photography - and each other - very much. So... grin and bear it.
Berislav Horvatic

Hometown: Zagreb

Postby GertJan Verspui » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:41 pm

Michael, thanks for taking a good look at my photos! They are never perfect unfortunately. I put them there to show you that I am a fan of how you used your DOF and that I also try that out some times.

Also thanks for the answer on my question ( I do really like the light and shiny appearance of the photos but I disagree that this is as light as hell), but I really wonder who said your pics look bright as hell, hell is more a place like where reality can not be over exposed. Good reading is essential for a good reaction, now it looks like I call your photos 'light as hell' which I did not.

I dont prefer talking about histograms or any other photography related chitchat, because photography on this level is all about how it looks for the viewer and not what the profile/information of a photograph looks like.

And for standard canon photos or how ever you call that my eyes don't get warm, as I am a Nikonian.

I think we agree on lots of things, thank God it is not everything. Flashes are also my second choice, but on the other hand, my last trip was almost all in very low light conditions or complete darkness and then a flash saves the day & night.

Keep up the good work and have a splendid weekend!
Amphibian & Reptile Adventures http://www.gertjanverspui.com
Instagram: @gj.verspui_wildlife
Facebook: Gerrit Jan Verspui
GertJan Verspui

Hometown: Giessenburg

Postby Matthijs Hollanders » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:31 pm

FWIW, photography chitchat is necessary to discuss this question. I shoot in RAW (Nikon .NEF) and in normal exposure mode, photos are nearly always too dark. When I toggle the exposure I always look first at the histogram and then at the image... don't underestimate how you can get really used to how your pictures look when they're systematically over or, more often, under exposed. GJ, your pics are dark to me.
Matthijs Hollanders

Hometown: Wageningen

Postby Pablo Deschepper » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:29 pm

I like your photo style. It really works with vipers. But when you look at a series of these type of pictures, maybe add slighty different ones too. Just so each image pops out more. Now it's a bit too much of the same for me. But again, great shots and post processing!
Pablo Deschepper

Hometown: Erps

Postby Bobby Bok » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:56 am

Pablo Deschepper wrote:Now it's a bit too much of the same for me. But again, great shots and post processing!

I actually quite like the same look and consistent feel!
Bobby Bok

Hometown: Heemskerk

Previous

Return to Central Europe