Lissotriton montandoni

Luxembourg, Belgium, The Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Liechtenstein, Slovenia

Lissotriton montandoni

Postby Paul Lambourne » Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:50 pm

Hello all,

I'm off to Prague for a few days in march .. I won't have a much spare time , but was wondering how far ( time wise) the closest population of montandoni is?

Are there any introduced populations closer to the city? Or how long wil a dash to the border take?

Any help greatfully received

Cheers

Paul
Paul Lambourne

Hometown: London

Re: Lissotriton montandoni

Postby Thomas Bader » Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:38 pm

Dear Pavel!
You should search in the are area (app 10 km) south of Frydek-Mistek, where the foothills of the Slovakian Mala Fatra enters Czech territory eg Smrk mountains. In march it depends when you are there, because there could still be snow on this hills or mountains. A good elevation is about 800m. From Prague it is quite far app. 3,5 - 4hrs (one way)

g's Thomas
Thomas Bader

Hometown: Vienna

Postby Paul Lambourne » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:05 pm

Thanks Thomas.. splendid heads up as usual :D
Paul Lambourne

Hometown: London

Postby Tomas Klacek » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:50 am

Hi Paul,
I did not hear about any introduced populations. L. montandoni was found in Czech rep. quite recently and it looks there are two separate population in border areas.

We visited the norhern one three years ago with Bobby and it is about 4 hours of driving, maybe more, roads are old and full of holes in these parts of our country.

Our reports: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1613&p=15494&hilit=dobrogicus#p15494
http://www.herpsafari.nl/tripreports-eu ... -republic/

I think you can succeed in the end of March, but in the begining I would affraid of snow cover in those areas...

Cheers,
T.
Tomas Klacek

Hometown: Jicin

Return to Central Europe