Fieldtrip for Newts (25/04-2010)

Luxembourg, Belgium, The Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Liechtenstein, Slovenia

Fieldtrip for Newts (25/04-2010)

Postby Mikkel Frederiksen » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:23 am

Fieldtrip 25 April 2010

I got a call from a friend who asked if I wanted to join him for a short fieldtrip. Unfortunately it was getting late, so we had to hurry a bit. We went after L. vulgaris and T. cristatus, but at the end of the day we found: Vipera berus, Natrix natrix, Angus fragilis, Zootaca vivipara, Lacerta agilis, Rana temporaria, Bufo bufo, Lissotriton vulgaris and Triturus cristatus. Especially Triturus where plenty, we saw arround 50 of them. We chose to capture some of the newts for documentation, (My friend has the list of the number of males/females of each species that we caught). We brought a faunabox. (The Rana temporaria escaped before we could take any pictures of it).

I apologize for the pictures of newts, they are very bad indeed - It was much harder taking pictures through (scratched) plastic and dirty water than I first assumed

In a lake where we normally find Pelophylax kl. esculentus we only found alevin?? (I was later informed it was a Pungitius pungitius)

A dead speciment of Anguis fragilis

Tick removal

The nature

Christian Nielsen

Greetings Mikkel Frederiksen - Denmark
http://www.herp-spot.weebly.com
Mikkel Frederiksen

Hometown: Nykoebing Sj.

Return to Central Europe