A visit to Bulgaria (May/June 2012)

Croatia, BiH, Serbia, Macedonia, Romania, Bulgaria, Albania, Kosovo, Montenegro, Greece including ALL islands

Re: A visit to Bulgaria (May/June 2012)

Postby Sandra Panienka » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:18 pm

Jeroen Speybroeck wrote:Even by humans pretending to be a frog ;)

I see, you do have some experience in stimulating frogs. :mrgreen:

I still have some older videos in my youtube account of different call types, maybe they are interesting:

1. Two male P. esculentus having a fight making gnarling sounds and territorial calls. In the background a very excited mating call of a male P. esculentus.

2. Male P. esculentus going nuts. Excited mating call.

3. Male P. ridibundus territorial call. I find it deeper than the territorial calls of the P. esculentus that can be heared in the background.

4. Frogs going nuts in front of our department. At least two P. ridibundus mating calls, I think two P. esculentus mating calls and the rest territorial calls.

5. The first half of this features mating and territorial calls as well. It's from this year, unfortunately I didn't record the squeaking sounds they sometimes make. Maybe I'll get around to that on Thursday or Friday. But it shows one funny thing, that I always wanted to film, that little jet of water they squeeze out sometimes. The reason for that is still not known and there are different theories on it. At least they seem to do it very often.
Sandra Panienka

Hometown: Heidelberg

Previous

Return to Balkan peninsula