Holidays in Sistema Central and Northern Spain August 2013

Portugal, Spain, Andorra

Re: Holidays in Sistema Central and Northern Spain August 2013

Postby Laura Bok » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:58 pm

Herrje, I am really slow this time! I don´t have much to add to Bobby´s report, but whoever fancies a different perspective on things, check out my picasa-album -->
https://picasaweb.google.com/tiemann.la ... nSpain2013

Cheers,
Laura
Laura Bok

Hometown: Munich

Postby Gabriel Martínez » Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:59 pm

Like to Bobby, congrats for your trip Laura! Your astreptophora photo show the snake more blue and cool than the Bobby´s Natrix natrix photo. I also love the big landscape photos!! Thanks for sharing, is always cool to see 2 versions of a same trip :)
Gabriel Martínez

Hometown: Madrid

Postby Bobby Bok » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:11 pm

Paul Lambourne wrote:Great Chioglossa pic :D

Hope to make a similar group picture with Salamandrina next month ;)

miguel santos wrote:You did well on finding the Batuecas rock lizard. I was up in Pena de Francia myself in June and I was abut to leave the top when I saw one. I was so affraid that it would disappear and only took a few photos from a distance.

It was surprising to see how shy they are, I've waited long for the lizards to reappear after they fled but usually in vain. I managed to get one lucky shot and that's the one in the report. But such a beautiful place all around, would love to come back one day and explore it in spring!

Gabriel Martínez wrote:Cool trip Bobby! your found many species in this really hot month of the year!!

I'm always up for a challenge ;) But yes, it was surprising to see how many species just popped up despite the scorching hot circumstances we had sometimes!
Bobby Bok

Hometown: Heemskerk

Postby miguel santos » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:42 am

It was surprising to see how shy they are, I've waited long for the lizards to reappear after they fled but usually in vain. I managed to get one lucky shot and that's the one in the report. But such a beautiful place all around, would love to come back one day and explore it in spring!

You are right, I was there on the 4th of June and combined the trip with a visit to the Gredos mountain close to Almanzor. There I saw many Iberolacerta cyreni and they were all but shy. In fact they seemed less shy then the I. monticula from Serra da Estrela in Portugal ( which are not shy at all ) but in Pena de Francia I saw 2 tails or twice the same tail of ......? and at the end was lucky to see one.
The whole area is beautyful and indeed worth a longer visit.

Miguel
miguel santos

Hometown: maastricht

Postby Matthijs Hollanders » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:35 pm

Nice stuff. My favorites were the cat and the inclusion of pictures of such handsome men.
Matthijs Hollanders

Hometown: Wageningen

Previous

Return to Iberian peninsula