May 2015: Sierra de Andújar (Spain)

Portugal, Spain, Andorra

Re: May 2015: Sierra de Andújar (Spain)

Postby Niklas Ban » Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:48 am

Ronald Zimmerman wrote:
Niklas Ban wrote:But I think to get a shot of the most enddangered cat in europe in short time is nearly impossible without enough luck, or is it a little bit different in the iberian lynx?!
Trying to get a Lynx lynx in europe even with knowledge of rangers is nearly impossible. (I tried it, will try it again)

It is a little bit different. They live in Doñana, Andújar and they just reintroduced them in Extremadura. In Andujar the area they live in is not extremely big. There are certain vintage points where they are often seen. Most of the time you need a scope, but if you are lucky they are close. There is also an easier way. I did not do that, but I don't know if I should post it on a forum. Ofcourse it is difficult, but compared to the European Lynx it is easy. :)

I think you chose my next big trip destination. ;)
Niklas Ban

Hometown: Duesseldorf

Re: May 2015: Sierra de Andújar (Spain)

Postby Ronald Zimmerman » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:43 pm

Niklas Ban wrote:
Ronald Zimmerman wrote:
Niklas Ban wrote:But I think to get a shot of the most enddangered cat in europe in short time is nearly impossible without enough luck, or is it a little bit different in the iberian lynx?!
Trying to get a Lynx lynx in europe even with knowledge of rangers is nearly impossible. (I tried it, will try it again)

It is a little bit different. They live in Doñana, Andújar and they just reintroduced them in Extremadura. In Andujar the area they live in is not extremely big. There are certain vintage points where they are often seen. Most of the time you need a scope, but if you are lucky they are close. There is also an easier way. I did not do that, but I don't know if I should post it on a forum. Ofcourse it is difficult, but compared to the European Lynx it is easy. :)

I think you chose my next big trip destination. ;)

Cool, you won't regret! If you need more specific information, you can PM or email me. :)
Feel free to follow/Like my Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ronaldzimmerman.nl/
Ronald Zimmerman

Hometown: Haarlem

Previous

Return to Iberian peninsula