Algarve April 2016

Portugal, Spain, Andorra

Re: Algarve April 2016

Postby Peter Oefinger » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:36 am

Bert Vandebosch wrote:Are there other diagnostic features I should look at?

The diagnostic features of P. virescens are yellow underside of tail, light dorsolateral line consists of round spots, males with greenish backs. Admitted: these features are not too obvious on your picture ;)

Compared to Teira, the Podarcis has a shorter head and prominent white spots on hind legs which Teira has not.

Cheers
Peter
Peter Oefinger

Hometown: Duesseldorf

Postby Berislav Horvatic » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:38 pm

Bert Vandebosch wrote:@ Berislav, I do appreciate your exceptional "thanks for sharing".
I myself am in general just too lazy to post these kind of messages.

You've fully deserved the "exceptional" one, so you got it.
I'm also too lazy to post the "routine" praises, but I also have no idea what to do instead.
My solution is to write three lines instead of three words, to show that I really care, and
to suggest why. But there are, fortunately (!), "TOO MANY" good reports in this forum, so
what to do? That's why I publicly react only if I find something special that attracts me.
Berislav Horvatic

Hometown: Zagreb

Postby Andre Schmid » Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:23 am

I guess its better to post any reaction that none. And what should you reply on beatiful photos, questions that no one care "oh very nice, which cam do you use ?"...or just to say that you like it "oh very nice, thanks for posting/sharing !". So my choose is the second one.

Also for the poor english writer like me its difficult to contribute content to real scientific or just really interesting topics just because of my limited language skills.

So I´m happy to enjoy also beautiful photos/ trip repots that I just "honor" with the, like you daid "routine" praises and try to understand the conversation between you guys who just have good english skills or sleep on a dictionary.

So I stay true: Nice Tripreport Bert, thanks for sharing ! :D
Andre Schmid

Hometown: Rottweil

Previous

Return to Iberian peninsula