Herp-tour in Slovenia, May 2018

Here you may post links to other sites, related to field herpetology

Herp-tour in Slovenia, May 2018

Postby Paul Veenvliet » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:19 pm

Hi everyone,

Is this the best place for this announcement? If not, please feel free to move it to a more appropriate spot on the forum!

In May 2018, I organise a field herpetology and ichtyology tour in Slovenia. This is a small group tour, maximum 8 participants. We visit the best locality for the Olm and also go to the only locality in the world for the Black Olm. We will surely see various lizards and snakes, and will organise electrofishing for endemic small fish (not to be confused with snakefood).

You can find more information on http://www.natureincolour.eu

You can also ask me, a p.m. should end up in my mailbox.

Best regards,
Paul Veenvliet
Paul Veenvliet

Hometown: Metulje

Re: Herp-tour in Slovenia, May 2018

Postby Alexandre Roux » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:08 am

Most of people from here do their trip by themselves but that sure is interesting (as long as you do it well) ;)
Alexandre Roux
Flickr Gallery
Alexandre Roux

Hometown: Beynost

Postby Paul Veenvliet » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:08 pm

Well, I expect to end up with a small group of (mostly) experienced people so the atmosphere will be quite similar to when you go with a group of friends. I plan for 5-8 participants (1 combi-bus).

The difference with going on your own is that I will arrange many things in advance: permits, contacts, localities, some local experts who join us in the field ... Also, I live in Slovenia for some 15 years now, which gave me some time to explore the best areas. This way, we save a lot of "driving around-time". I speak the language, so I can explain to locals what the heck we are doing :mrgreen:

Only the weather remains the unpredictable factor.
Paul Veenvliet

Postby Paul Veenvliet » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:24 pm

We got several enquieries for a shorther field-herping tour in Slovenia, Europe, but in different seasons. Of course, we can go more than once. So, I made a tour-description and put it online, see the link below.

This is an exiting program, and if the weather is favourable we shoud be able to see frogs, lizards, snakes and even the European cave salamander: de Olm. Both for May and August 2018 we have a fellow field-herper who is seriously interested, and with one more we'll just go. The price is 895 Euro with two participants and drops to 795 Euro from three participants onwards. This includes accommodation, meals, local transport, preparation & guiding. Check it out here:

https://www.natureincolour.eu/tour/shor ... ing-tours/
Paul Veenvliet

Return to Links to other sites on fieldherpetology