Digital photo frame.

Here you may discuss on cameras, photo technics, image software, etc.

Moderator: Christoph Riegler

Digital photo frame.

Postby Tony Palmer » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:45 am

Hi Guys,
On my herping trip to Lesvos, one of the problems I could foresee was viewing the pictures I had taken on a daily basis “in a good quality format”.
The screen on my camera is to small and I did not wish to take an expensive laptop or use Internet café’s. So I came up with the idea of using one of those 8” HD digital photo frames and it worked really well. :)
I could view the day’s pictures in a good quality format with a beer :D Delete the crap ;) and see if I had a good quality picture of the different subject matter.

Some info.. on the digital photo frame.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Linx-Memoire-8-De ... 1c110ef963

You get lots of different digital photo frames on the market, so if you buy one, make sure it has HD with a Resolution = 800 x 480 to view your pictures in good quality.

Cheers,
Tony
Tony Palmer

Hometown: Hull East Yorkshire

Re: Digital photo frame.

Postby Daniel Kane » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:16 am

Tony, which type of camera and memory cards do you use? I've got a Fuji S9600 and two 2GB compact flash cards. On 'JPEG fine' setting you can get about 420 pics on each. This lasts me about a week in Turkey and two in Bulgaria last year, but I'm thinking I might have to buy another this year. Better not to run out of space half way through! The photo frame isn't a bad idea, but I just use the screen and zoom in to check focus/lighting etc... Works for me.
Daniel Kane

Hometown: London

Postby Vlad Cioflec » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:22 am

Brilliant.JPG
Brilliant.JPG (39.72 KiB) Viewed 7526 times
Vlad Cioflec

Hometown: Bucharest

Postby Tony Palmer » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:33 pm

Hi Daniel,
It isn’t really about memory space I have 3-4gb SD ultra 11 and they give me over 1.500 pics, I can use the zoom in on my camera to view the pictures but you don’t see the hole picture and the screen is small!
With the digital picture frame I can see them when I want and were I want and get the same high resolution “at a reasonable size” as I would on my computer back home.
I don’t think it’s for every one! And maybe it’s just a me thing :lol: but when I see a lifer like Eryx jaculus I cant wait to see the pictures I’ve took, in a good format ;)
Tony Palmer

Hometown: Hull East Yorkshire

Postby Ilian Velikov » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:28 am

when I see a lifer like Eryx jaculus I cant wait to see the pictures I’ve took, in a good format

:) Same with me, so I have to think about buying one of this,too! It seems like a nice idea!
Ilian Velikov

Hometown: Pravets

Return to Photo Laboratory