what we've secretly been working on

The place for new fieldguides and discussions on books on field herpetology, description and discussion on new (sub)species, etc.

Re: what we've secretly been working on

Postby Rémon ter Harmsel » Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:57 pm

Bookdepository, and paid in advance (just checked). Will e-mail them to get it cancelled. Just find the concept strange though, price already dropping before the initial release date. Pretty much takes away the advantage of pre-ordering (except for assuring a copy).
Rémon ter Harmsel

Hometown: Wageningen

Postby Ilian Velikov » Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:22 pm

Rémon ter Harmsel wrote:Bookdepository, and paid in advance (just checked). Will e-mail them to get it cancelled. Just find the concept strange though, price already dropping before the initial release date. Pretty much takes away the advantage of pre-ordering (except for assuring a copy).

You are right but we (authors and illustrator) don't have anything to do with the price of the book. It's out of our hands. It's up to the publisher and also every seller can sell it at whatever price they want.
Ilian Velikov

Hometown: Pravets

Postby Berislav Horvatic » Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:23 pm

I've (pre)ordered the book from the publisher, and they stated clearly that they would charge my account
when the book will have been dispatched, not earlier than that. So, that would mean I actually haven't
payed IN ADVANCE. By (pre)ordering it, I just made a commitment to pay when the time comes...
If so, does it mean the LATEST price - at the day of dispatchment, or the THEN price (to which I already
agreed... THEN)? I don't know.
Berislav Horvatic

Hometown: Zagreb

Postby Rémon ter Harmsel » Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:46 pm

Ilian Velikov wrote:You are right but we (authors and illustrator) don't have anything to do with the price of the book. It's out of our hands. It's up to the publisher and also every seller can sell it at whatever price they want.

I know, and I'm buying it anyway, but for the lowest price ofcourse :lol:
Cancelled my other order already.
Rémon ter Harmsel

Hometown: Wageningen

Postby Jeroen Speybroeck » Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:50 pm

Not taking shipping costs into account, it seems that amazon.de is the cheapest price in euros, as far as I can tell.
Jeroen Speybroeck
Site Admin

Hometown: Merelbeke

Postby Guillaume Gomard » Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:07 pm

To the authors: Is it possible to directly get the book from you? I assume you have few copies in stock at your place. I would prefer to short-circuit the selling platforms and directly give you my money, at least I know you will get all of it. You just have to figure out out to share the benefits then ;)
Guillaume Gomard

Hometown: Strasbourg

Postby Ilian Velikov » Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:15 pm

Jeroen, I know you're quite fond of statistic so to this...

"Here it is, the result of five years of labour, featuring 219 species, 368 colour drawings, 134 black-and-white drawings and 227 photographs, covering 432 gorgeous pages."

...I'd like to add 2128 emails between the authors/illustrator!

Long live the World Wide Web! :lol:
Ilian Velikov

Hometown: Pravets

Previous

Return to Reading Room