something, we have to ignore!

The place for new fieldguides and discussions on books on field herpetology, description and discussion on new (sub)species, etc.

Re: something, we have to ignore!

Postby Thor Hakonsen » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:21 am

Mario Schweiger wrote:
Jeroen Speybroeck wrote:........ so we can all relax and continue to ignore it.

g's,

The salamander man.

+1 ;)

Mario

There is a tv-show called "Everybody Loves Raymond", that is not valid in the herpetology community. By good reasons..
Thor Hakonsen

Hometown: Neskollen

Postby Berislav Horvatic » Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:20 pm

Thor Hakonsen wrote:
Jeroen Speybroeck wrote:........ so we can all relax and continue to ignore it.

There is a tv-show called "Everybody Loves Raymond", that is not valid
in the herpetology community. By good reasons..

So, are we really going to relax and ignore what should be ignored? Because, otherwise, I'm "afraid"
"the Empire" WILL strike back, for sure. We're not afraid, but it might be imprudent to either feed
or provoke the Empire. And may the Force be with you.
Berislav Horvatic

Hometown: Zagreb

Postby Raymond Hoser » Mon May 09, 2016 1:06 pm

Dear all,
1/ It is far from scientific to arbitrarily ignore work by a particular author just because “you don’t like them”.
2/ I have read through several posts of insults and false comments in this thread (e.g. that I name species after myself – I have never done this), but yet to read anything remotely resembling a systematic or scientific rebuttal of a single proposal in any of my hundreds of scientific papers or the recent viper paper.
3/ That no one has been able to rebut anything so far is not surprising. If one strips out any of my work on the European vipers you are stuck with the relevant list of cited references and sources, all of which inevitably support my contention that the relevant species of viper as recognized to date is in fact composite with most published in peer reviewed journals by authors I have nothing to do with. All I have done is the relatively simple (and well overdue) exercise of merging molecular with morphological and geographical evidence, to show some 8 species within the relevant species complex.
4/ Sure Wuster and allies can deny this harsh reality and tell people to “ignore” the works of Hoser, but this smoke and mirrors can only last for as long as Wuster and gang sit in front of computer screens and troll the world wide web with their toxic brew of lies and unscientific hatred. However science gets to the truth eventually, even if at the rate of one funeral at a time. We have seen Wuster and co’s denials of the Hoser Death Adders work for about 16 years, but eventually Dr Hal Cogger put a stop to their ridiculous claims and recognized Hoser-named species in his most recent 2014 book on Australian reptiles. And in the absence of evidence that contradicts pre-existing molecular and morphological studies (not mine), there is no doubt at all that in 20 years time most herpetologists will accept that there are 8 species in the Vipera latastei complex as being an obvious fact. But for the time being, I have no problem with fools who seek to pretend that all 8 forms are one and the same snake! That is their problem, not mine!
5/ May I also thank the original poster for assisting me in the wider dissemination of my recent work on the relevant species complex. A pdf version of the relevant paper is online and I am happy for people to read it and point out errors if they do in fact find any that the peer reviewers may have missed.
All the best
From the Snakeman Raymond Hoser
http://www.smuggled.com/AJHIP1.htm
Raymond Hoser

Hometown: London

Postby Martti Niskanen » Mon May 09, 2016 7:42 pm

Go away to pet your Malayopython, Ray.
Martti Niskanen

Hometown: Jyvaskyla

Postby Berislav Horvatic » Mon May 09, 2016 8:05 pm

So, as I've fortold, "the Empire" finally DID strike back... it had to - any EMPIRE has to protect it's honour.
In this particular case it needed MONTHS to react, but what are mere months in comparison to... I don't
know what exactly...
And may the Force be with all of us.
Berislav Horvatic

Hometown: Zagreb

Previous

Return to Reading Room