Venom defender gloves

The place for new fieldguides and discussions on books on field herpetology, description and discussion on new (sub)species, etc.

Re: Venom defender gloves

Postby Pierre-Yves Vaucher » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:35 pm

these gloves are fragile to lift stones and inseams (coutures intérieures) get damaged. Use only to catch animal
Pierre-Yves Vaucher

Re: Venom defender gloves

Postby Gabriel Martínez » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:39 pm

Sjuul Verhaegh wrote:I am also a terrarium hobbyist, and I know the story of the failure with the Naja, and I can tell you it wasn't true. It seemed that the guy who was 'biten' was under the influence of drugs at the moment of testing and tried to get some money out if it. Further more I heard several stories of the 'biten' guy who should be a pathological liar..

I haven´t terrariums...

very interesting! I just read the Naja history and thought it was true. I could´t think in sick people... Thank you very much!

Jeroen Speybroeck wrote:Can these gloves resist flipping rocks etc.? I know I use gloves to dive into stuff, so if these expensive ones wear down, they seem not worth the buy. So: never worn out, or only if you use them to handle animals and nothing else?

I always think in this. But all the gloves break with the flippinmg activity. So I don´t recommend to use them for flipping. I used them just when you are in viper habitat (a wall) and you need to catch them quickly. But many times I find something to flip! And it´s bad to change the gloves in everymoment so finally I use in my left arm the venom deffender glove and in the right arm a normal glove. So if a viper moves quickly I can catch it with my left hand and use the right arm just to help in the capture. And in "normal activity" I flip things with my right arm, and if something appear (maybe a viper or a scoprion) I can catch it with my protected harm.
Gabriel Martínez

Hometown: Madrid

Previous

Return to Reading Room