Frog eggs ?

You have a picture of an amphibian or reptile and do not know, what it is! Ask here

Frog eggs ?

Postby Ilian Velikov » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:51 pm

Hello,

I was wondering if someone can help with the identification of this frog eggs. They were found in March in a pond which is inhabited by B.bufo,P.ridibundus and R.dalmatina. It is clear they are not Bufo eggs,so they are either P.ridibundus or R.dalmatina. By the time I found them R.dalmatina were already breeding in other nearby ponds. There was not a sign from P.ridibundus,yet but the eggs look pretty much like the eggs of the Marsh Frog,so I'm a bit confused! I'll be glad to hear some other oppinions.Thank you!

P3063769.JPG

P3063774.JPG

P3063776.JPG
Ilian Velikov

Hometown: Pravets

Re: Frog eggs ?

Postby Mikkel Frederiksen » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:46 pm

With my limited knowlegde of frogs and amphibians i would say: Rana dalmatina! Judging from your story compared to the looks of those clusters and their size i would suggest Rana dalmatina. As i know, the eggs should be kind of are yellowish on the underside if they where from a Pelophylax ridibundus. But don't take my words for good - i'm no expert in amphibians at all :lol: Ill stick to the snakes any day.. So Rana Dalmatina is just my personal opinion - but I am just here to learn, i might be wrong..

So I am quite curious in the correct answer! :)
Greetings Mikkel Frederiksen - Denmark
http://www.herp-spot.weebly.com
Mikkel Frederiksen

Hometown: Nykoebing Sj.

Postby Ilias Strachinis » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:36 pm

Rana dalmatina it is ;)
Ilias Strachinis

Hometown: Thessaloniki

Postby Ilian Velikov » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:58 pm

Thanks a lot to both of you! ;) I told it's R.dalmatina,too. Just wanted to be sure
Ilian Velikov

Hometown: Pravets

Return to Herp ID´s