Any ideas?

Re: Any ideas?

Postby Michal Szkudlarek » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:22 pm

Mario Schweiger wrote:
Michal Szkudlarek wrote:Would not it be better to have invertebrates section instead of "Insects" section?

ok, will change it :lol:


without quotation marks plox :)
User avatar
Michal Szkudlarek
 
Posts: 719
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:09 pm
Location: Poland
Hometown: ...
country: Poland

Re: Any ideas?

Postby Michal Szkudlarek » Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:04 am

what about creating subsubforum for every state separatedly? these subsubforums would be in subforum of a region for example subsubforum "Romania" would be in subforum "Balkan peninsula". it would make searching for fieldreports from specific states easier
User avatar
Michal Szkudlarek
 
Posts: 719
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:09 pm
Location: Poland
Hometown: ...
country: Poland

Re: Any ideas?

Postby Jeroen Speybroeck » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:43 pm

Michal Szkudlarek wrote:what about creating subsubforum for every state separatedly? these subsubforums would be in subforum of a region for example subsubforum "Romania" would be in subforum "Balkan peninsula". it would make searching for fieldreports from specific states easier

Subdivisions are never perfect. If people visit more than one country in a single trip, it's also a mess. I vote for keeping things as they are (even though Belgium is not in Central Europe by any other authority ;) ). Use the search function.
Jeroen Speybroeck
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2954
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:18 am
Hometown: Merelbeke
country: Belgium

Re: Any ideas?

Postby Ilian Velikov » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:30 pm

Jeroen Speybroeck wrote:
Michal Szkudlarek wrote:what about creating subsubforum for every state separatedly? these subsubforums would be in subforum of a region for example subsubforum "Romania" would be in subforum "Balkan peninsula". it would make searching for fieldreports from specific states easier

Subdivisions are never perfect. If people visit more than one country in a single trip, it's also a mess. I vote for keeping things as they are (even though Belgium is not in Central Europe by any other authority ;) ). Use the search function.


+1 for this.
Ilian Velikov
 
Posts: 1011
Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 12:19 pm
Hometown: London
country: England

Re: Any ideas?

Postby Michal Szkudlarek » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:12 pm

eror.png

what is wrong with my computer? why does the forum look like this?
User avatar
Michal Szkudlarek
 
Posts: 719
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:09 pm
Location: Poland
Hometown: ...
country: Poland

Re: Any ideas?

Postby Bobby Bok » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:54 am

Maybe just a minor thing but can't we rename the section "vacations" to something else? We have of course some non European members on board here for whom their posts don't represent holidays. Maybe something like "global herping" or "herping in the rest of the world". Just a thought ;)
User avatar
Bobby Bok
 
Posts: 862
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:11 pm
Hometown: Heemskerk
country: Netherlands

Re: Any ideas?

Postby Mario Schweiger » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:00 am

Bobby Bok wrote:Maybe just a minor thing but can't we rename the section "vacations" to something else? We have of course some non European members on board here for whom their posts don't represent holidays. Maybe something like "global herping" or "herping in the rest of the world". Just a thought ;)


"herping in the rest of the world" is a good idea ;)
will do it!°
Mario (Admin)

Please visit also my personal Herp-site vipersgarden.at
User avatar
Mario Schweiger
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2095
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 7:57 pm
Location: Obertrum, Salzburg, Austria
Hometown: Obertrum
country: Austria

Re: Any ideas?

Postby Bobby Bok » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:12 pm

Cheers Mario!

[nitpicking mode on]I changed a few capital letters, punctuation marks and spelling:

Herping in the rest of the world
For your reports/images, made outside Europe and the "mediterranean" countries. Not to be too narrow minded and limited to our European/mediterranean herps.

[nitpicking mode off] ;)
User avatar
Bobby Bok
 
Posts: 862
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:11 pm
Hometown: Heemskerk
country: Netherlands

Re: Any ideas?

Postby Jeroen Speybroeck » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:04 pm

mediterranean => Mediterranean :ugeek:
Jeroen Speybroeck
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2954
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:18 am
Hometown: Merelbeke
country: Belgium

Re: Any ideas?

Postby Berislav Horvatic » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:14 am

Jeroen Speybroeck wrote:mediterranean => Mediterranean :ugeek:

Of course, boss. A warm welcome to the club.
Berislav Horvatic
 
Posts: 1027
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:35 pm
Hometown: Zagreb
country: Croatia

PreviousNext

Return to Making the Forum better ......

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron