photos to relax - landscape shots

The place to talk about fieldtechnics, the stuff you use in the field and everything else

Re: photos to relax - landscape shots

Postby Pierre-Yves Vaucher » Fri May 18, 2012 4:20 pm

Mario Schweiger wrote:
sunset.jpg

Tivat AirPort ;)
Pierre-Yves Vaucher

Postby Berislav Horvatic » Fri May 18, 2012 4:27 pm

The Senj Gate (between Prvić and Krk) under bora

PAN_Senjska_vrata_SMALL.jpg
Berislav Horvatic

Hometown: Zagreb

Postby Kristian Munkholm » Fri May 18, 2012 8:19 pm

Gabriel Martínez wrote:
Kristian Munkholm wrote:Northwestern Negev - habitat of Cerastes cerastes, Cerastes vipera, Lytorhynchus diadema, Stenodactylus doriae, Acanthodactylus aegyptius, Acanthodactylus scutellatus, Sphenops sepsoides, Trapelus savignyi, Scincus scincus, Chamaeleo chamaeleon, Varanus griseus and probably lots more. The above is just what I can attest to from spending one night there. There should also be Spalerosophis diadema, Macroprotodon cucullatus, Platyceps rogersi Testudo kleinmanni, Stenodactyluys sthenodactylus,...

Are you sure that you found Stenodactylus doriae in west Negev dunes??? Im pretty sure that you confuse it with S. petrii. The distribution of S. doriae in Israel its limited to some sand areas close Jordania...

I don't confuse them.

... I did write the wrong species, though. You are of course absolutely right ;)
Kristian Munkholm

Hometown: Copenhagen

Postby Gabriel Martínez » Sat May 19, 2012 11:37 am

Kristian Munkholm wrote:... I did write the wrong species, though. You are of course absolutely right

In my first trip to Israel in 2010, when we found the first S. sthenodactylus I though it was S. doriae because I saw it very different to Morocco individuals (Now I know that they are recognized as a own species: S. mauritanicus). And in the second trip, in 2011, when we found S. doriae I could see that they are very very different to all gecos I ve ever seen! Pink, translucent and very cool species.

I put a photo of a habitat of west Madrid, typical of Vipera latastei, Malpolon monspessulanus, Natrix natrix (rare), Natrix maura (probably R. scalaris, C. girondica, etc...). A relax habitat in middle mountain, perfect for breathing pure air!

Habitat in west Madrid of V- latastei, M. monsp, N. natrix and more.jpg
Gabriel Martínez

Hometown: Madrid

Postby Kristian Munkholm » Sat May 19, 2012 1:54 pm

Gabriel Martínez wrote:
Kristian Munkholm wrote:... I did write the wrong species, though. You are of course absolutely right

In my first trip to Israel in 2010, when we found the first S. sthenodactylus I though it was S. doriae because I saw it very different to Morocco individuals (Now I know that they are recognized as a own species: S. mauritanicus). And in the second trip, in 2011, when we found S. doriae I could see that they are very very different to all gecos I ve ever seen! Pink, translucent and very cool species.

Yes, they are cool. I don't find them all that different from petrii though. Petrii almost seem like an intermediate form between sthenodactylus and doriae, if anything more like doriae than like sthenodactylus.

... & here's another habitat. Not the best of pics but it seems to be the only thing approaching a habitat shot I have from the most species rich locality in Denmark - Rana arvalis, Rana dalmatina, Pelophylax esculentus, Bufo bufo, Bufo variabilis, Bufo calamita, Bombina bombina, Hyla arborea, Pelobates fuscus, Lissotriton vulgaris, Triturus cristatus, Anguis fragilis, Zootoca vivipara, Lacerta agilis, Natrix natrix & Vipera berus :)

Kristian Munkholm

Hometown: Copenhagen

Postby Michal Szkudlarek » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:25 pm

La Palma

Tenerife

ocean and clouds
Michal Szkudlarek

Hometown: ...

Postby Niklas Ban » Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:54 pm

Ticino 2013