POLL - rules on this forum

The place to talk about fieldtechnics, the stuff you use in the field and everything else

What rules do we need here? How many?

None - discussion can sort out what is (dis)approved, eventually with the option of admin intervention.
13%
Just "no site details to be revealed".
43%
More - no site details, restrictions on what to show in pictures and/or some code of conduct (to be discussed and specified in forum rules).
30%
This vote is pointless - Mario is (and should be) God.
4%
I hate polls & Belgians. Leave me alone.
9%
Other answer than the above - options not well defined.
No votes

Total votes : 23

POLL - rules on this forum

Postby Jeroen Speybroeck » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:32 am

Let's check if the last poll's results still stand, shall we ...? ;)
Jeroen Speybroeck
Site Admin

Hometown: Merelbeke

Re: POLL - rules on this forum

Postby Jeroen Speybroeck » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:38 pm

Michael Glass wrote:Question: How often do we do this?

Until the result pleases me :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
I could use an over-the-top comparison about how you seem to dislike democracy :twisted:
(I, for one, am not that fond of democracy, but that's a different story...)

I already said why I made this thing - imho, the previous poll was won by a vague statement =>
viewtopic.php?f=41&t=829&hilit=handling&start=10
The winning option mentions "certain circumstances", but there never was a poll that ask what these circumstances should be.
It's not my fault if people changed their mind in the mean time, but I don't mind ;)

Michael Glass wrote:Eventually, only the hardliners will vote and the majority that is "so so" will not care for every poll with a more or less descriptive name questioning the same old stuff again and again.

I think the main outline is that a lot of the forum users don't care. Who can blame them? 36 people voted last time. Is that a lot? Or not?

Michael Glass wrote:If you want a serious result, Mario should put that up as important for at least a month. IMHO.

Maybe...

I do think, however, it is even more silly to have rules and not enforce them. Since the previous poll, some "hands pictures" have popped up, but are still there.

Mario, perhaps you can update this and make it more obvious?
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=3
IF people want rules, I'd be happy to discuss how to make them sensible and sound, regardless of my views.

Pffff... I'm going herping over the weekend - maybe it will make me realize that everyone (including Michael and me) is bored about all this :oops: ;)
Jeroen Speybroeck
Site Admin

Re: POLL - rules on this forum

Postby Jeroen Speybroeck » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:22 pm

After all what's said and done, I think I'm finally going to drop this. The '"no hands" rule, as voted last time, is not being enforced by admin, which is fine (but makes that poll a bit silly). Let's just see what happens until the next Bad Guy comes along. I'm done with this, albeit light years later than most of you.
Jeroen Speybroeck
Site Admin

Return to FIELDHERPERS CAFE´