Venomous snakes of Europe |video|

The place to talk about fieldtechnics, the stuff you use in the field and everything else

Venomous snakes of Europe |video|

Postby Guillaume Gomard » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:20 am

Hi guys,

If you missed it, there is a video on youtube dealing with some of our European venomous snakes. Of course it comes with some dramatic effects, not so relevant rating, and questionable handling (see the disturbed Malpolon), but in the same time it's cool to watch some habitats which are so familiar to us:

Feel free to criticize ;)
Guillaume Gomard

Hometown: Strasbourg

Re: Venomous snakes of Europe |video|

Postby Ruggero M. » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:04 pm

Thanks!

Till now I've shortly see some sequences with the smartphone while walking, but I'll soon put this docufilm on dvd. :D

I had the same experience with a pair of Malpolon: they were male and female together, but I was not able to catch them... :lol:
Ruggero M.

Hometown: Pavia

Postby Michal Szkudlarek » Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:43 pm

English version anywhere?
Michal Szkudlarek

Hometown: ...

Postby Ruggero M. » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:22 pm

I've seen other films of this series (Malaysia, China...).
About the questionable handling of the Malpolon and many other sequences: I think many of those are filmed using already captured snakes, and the reconstruction of the event is only made for spectacular/entertainment purposes... I've spended days every year for many years in Malpolon habitats and only once or twice I've met a pair: Nigel goes one hour herping in Spain and what does he find at once? A mating pair of Malpolon ready to be captured... :?
Ok everything is possible, but not finding a King Cobra in China, in the center of a paddy field, having already in the hands a pink umbrella as snake protection... :lol:
Ruggero M.

Hometown: Pavia

Return to FIELDHERPERS CAFE´