Missing man found in belly of 7m-long python

The place to talk about fieldtechnics, the stuff you use in the field and everything else

Re: Missing man found in belly of 7m-long python

Postby Niklas Ban » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:30 pm

Another man which thinks it is funny to lay into an dead animal... :roll:
Niklas Ban

Hometown: Duesseldorf

Postby Ilian Velikov » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:32 pm

Niklas Ban wrote:Another man which thinks it is funny to lay into an dead animal... :roll:

Not this time. Here's the video of cutting him out.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XDgVeFr2FW0
Ilian Velikov

Hometown: Pravets

Postby Berislav Horvatic » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:40 pm

Just who could have found (and killed!) a 7 meters long python, just the right one, in order to find
the missing man inside it?
This news has been dated as 29. 03. 2017 [11:59], but I vaguely remember something very similar,
from some years ago... Do all humans eaten by a python wear shorts? (Well, in the tropics, maybe
they do, most of the time...) Do they all become greenish when less-than-half-digested by a python?
Maybe they do, I don't know.
Berislav Horvatic

Hometown: Zagreb

Postby Ilian Velikov » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:37 am

Berislav, did you watch the whole video? Are you suggesting it's fake?
Ilian Velikov

Postby Ilian Velikov » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:40 am

I looked at it carefully (as much as the low resolution permits) and it looks pretty convincing. The python's belly doesn't look tempered with or stitched on the outside, and the man looks like he is indeed in the stomach not just in the body cavity under the skin. They must have had a very talented surgeon in this village to pull this one off. Also it took them 6-7 minutes to get him out. Few people can hold their breath for so long.

Having said that and assuming this is true, I don't believe the python killed the man. I think he might have scavenged him.
Ilian Velikov

Postby Berislav Horvatic » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:00 pm

Ilian Velikov wrote:Having said that and assuming this is true, I don't believe the python killed the man.
I think he might have scavenged him.

Having read all your preceding arguments, I see no reason for a conclusion like this.
Strangled & eaten or just found dead & scavenged, what's the difference? The real
question is whether the corpse was really found in the snake or not. It seems it was,
as you say yourself. Period. Or what?
Berislav Horvatic

Hometown: Zagreb

Postby Ruggero M. » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:11 pm

Short response with the smartphone: true report.
As other pictures of humans ingested by retics I've seen in the past, this one too is 100% genuine in my opinion (as snake "expert" and as physician).
A huge retic can surely kill and ingest a man from Indonesia (maybe only 155 cm tall and certainly not obese): I don't understand where lies the problem.
And indonesian people are not so prone to a type of black humor as publishing fake pictures of a man swallowed by a snake...
Ruggero M.

Hometown: Pavia

Postby Ilian Velikov » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:32 pm

I agree with everything you said, Ruggero. I also thought it's genuine, that's why I posted it here.

Ruggero Morimando wrote: I don't understand where lies the problem.

Me neither. I'm not sure if there is a problem...?

Berislav Horvatic wrote:Period. Or what?

Obviously I didn't intend to put a "period" since I wrote something else after my opinion on the authenticity of the report. Just shifting the question from "real or fake" (which I think is settled) to "how do you think it happened". I realize we can never know and we can only speculate but what's the harm in that? It's not everyday that humans get eaten by snakes.

I think a snake even as big and powerful as this would attack (to kill and eat) a human only in very rare circumstances. They've co-existed with humans long enough to have an inbuilt fear from us. So it was either a very very hungry and desperate snake, or the man died under other circumstances and was scavenged by the python. I tend to think it's the second one. Why would a snake, which can go months without eating, risk its life or at least serious injury by hunting the World's top predator, in the snake's natural environment where there's plenty of other prey. I think it didn't, I think it just saw an opportunity for a "free" meal and took it. What do you guys think?
Ilian Velikov

Postby Michal Szkudlarek » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:17 pm

But do pythons eat carrion?
Michal Szkudlarek

Hometown: ...

Next

Return to FIELDHERPERS CAFE´