Amphibian & Reptile T-shirts and other products

The place to talk about fieldtechnics, the stuff you use in the field and everything else

Re: Amphibian & Reptile T-shirts and other products

Postby Ilian Velikov » Sat May 20, 2017 12:09 am

I also realized that before we decided to go with "half snakes" for the book I actually drew all snakes except vipers in full body. So I made a poster with the colubrids of Europe. I hope you like it.

https://www.redbubble.com/people/ilianvelikov/works/26468099-colubrid-snakes-of-europe?p=poster&finish=semi_gloss&size=medium

Poster_Colubridae.jpg
Ilian Velikov

Hometown: Pravets

Postby Pablo Deschepper » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:14 pm

Great poster! Just ordered the Viperidae poster and some shirts! I hope my shirts will give me some better luck in finding those species when wearing them :p. Are you planning any new illustration projects?
Pablo Deschepper

Hometown: Erps

Postby Ilian Velikov » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:47 pm

Pablo Deschepper wrote:Are you planning any new illustration projects?

Thanks Pablo! Nothing as big as the A&R of Europe guide for now but there might be some smaller ones coming up. I'll let you know as soon as I can. Do you have something in mind?
Ilian Velikov

Postby Jeroen Speybroeck » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:29 pm

Do you perhaps plan on adding posters of other reptile groups? If so, I would postpone placing an order in order to have 'm all. A turtle poster maybe has a bit too few species? The lizards would need to be chopped up obviously...

(No name of species or artist on the single species posters?)
Jeroen Speybroeck
Site Admin

Hometown: Merelbeke

Postby Ilian Velikov » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:41 pm

Jeroen Speybroeck wrote:Do you perhaps plan on adding posters of other reptile groups?

Yes, I am. I just have to find some free time to do it.
Jeroen Speybroeck wrote:A turtle poster maybe has a bit too few species?

Maybe...And also because I'm trying to size each species more or less in the correct ratio with each other Dermochelys would have to be huge compared to the rest...I'll try and see if it works.
Jeroen Speybroeck wrote:The lizards would need to be chopped up obviously...

Yes, that's true. I'm still trying to figure out how to group them. I was thinking -
one for Wall Lizards (Podarcis), one for Green Lizards (Lacerta) but after that I'm not really sure...Maybe one with non-lacertid species, but then there would be some lacertids (that are not either Podarcis or Lacerta) left out. If you guys have any ideas I'd be happy to hear them.
Ilian Velikov

Postby Ilian Velikov » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:48 pm

Jeroen Speybroeck wrote:(No name of species or artist on the single species posters?)

The way Redbubble works is I upload an image and choose which product it is applied on, but all products use that same image. Because these were intended for t-shirts I didn't want species or artist name on them, but just ticked the poster option as well.

I'm planing to do single species posters in the future which would have more than one drawing with some info as well; e.g. S.salamandra - drawings could include one main drawing of the species, larva, some behavior such as combat, mating, giving birth, feeding, maybe some of the main food animals, maybe some habitat. I think these could turn out really good but they are quite ambitious and I'd have to either make them whenever I have some free time (which would mean they'll take ages) or find some sort of sponsorship so I can justify the time I'd spend working on them.
Ilian Velikov

Postby Guillaume Gomard » Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:23 pm

Ilian Velikov wrote:I also realized that before we decided to go with "half snakes" for the book I actually drew all snakes except vipers in full body. So I made a poster with the colubrids of Europe. I hope you like it.

https://www.redbubble.com/people/ilianvelikov/works/26468099-colubrid-snakes-of-europe?p=poster&finish=semi_gloss&size=medium

Poster_Colubridae.jpg

Very nice artwork! Did you exclude some species (Malpolon, Natrix, etc.) on purpose? The poster already feature so many species that it is frustrating not to have all of them :oops:
Guillaume Gomard

Hometown: Strasbourg

Postby Ilian Velikov » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:07 pm

Guillaume Gomard wrote:
Ilian Velikov wrote:I also realized that before we decided to go with "half snakes" for the book I actually drew all snakes except vipers in full body. So I made a poster with the colubrids of Europe. I hope you like it.

Poster_Colubridae.jpg

Very nice artwork! Did you exclude some species (Malpolon, Natrix, etc.) on purpose? The poster already feature so many species that it is frustrating not to have all of them :oops:

Thanks Guillaume! Malpolon and Natrix are not members of the Colubridae family.
Ilian Velikov

Postby Guillaume Gomard » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:36 pm

Oops, sorry Ilian I missed the headline. Then I feel better and am ready to get it ;)
Guillaume Gomard

Hometown: Strasbourg

Postby Ilian Velikov » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:12 am

Guillaume Gomard wrote:Oops, sorry Ilian I missed the headline. Then I feel better and am ready to get it

No problem, and thanks again.
Ilian Velikov

PreviousNext

Return to FIELDHERPERS CAFE´