Servus from Austria

The admin would like to ask all our members to give a short introduction of themselves here - also please include a picture of yourself, so we will recognize you in the field.

Servus from Austria

Postby Markus Oulehla » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:10 am

Hi,
i want to introduce myself...

My name is Markus, I'm born in 1990, so im 22 years old. My fascination for animals started when I was a little kid and I became more and more interested in reptiles...
I start keeping some exotic reptiles at home and through the great opportunity of a summer job in the reptilezoo Nockalm (Carinthia, Austria) I dealt intensively with snakes. Over the years working there for several weeks in summer and with growing knowleged and handling skills, I learnd/trained to handle venomous species too.
Moreover my fondness for cobras and european vipers was inflamed :lol:
A few years ago I got my first birdeating-spider, since then I'm totally fascinated by these creepy crawlers as well (and my stock grows a bit)...
In the last two or three years I got in contact with some guys of my age and the same passion, so we started herping trips in our surrounding, which are constantly expanding.

After some years of having fun with small digicams, I got my beloved SLR Camera, a Nikon D90 (with 18-105er lens) one year ago. A few months later I bought a Micro Nikkor 40mm macro-lens for the close ups and small animals.

I hope it's ok to post this handling picture of me with a Tegenaria sp. here^^

with Lacerta agilis in lower austria

and one last with a Vipera b. berus ,also in lower austria

regards
Markus
Markus Oulehla

Hometown: Vienna

Re: Servus from Austria

Postby Jeroen Speybroeck » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:11 am

Welcome!
Jeroen Speybroeck
Site Admin