Hi from Australia and Italy

The admin would like to ask all our members to give a short introduction of themselves here - also please include a picture of yourself, so we will recognize you in the field.

Hi from Australia and Italy

Postby Greg Wallis » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:06 pm

Well Australia is home but I'm in Prato, Italy for the next few months as my wife is based here for a while.

I'm keen to get out and photograph/video some of the local wildlife and share my experiences on the forum. Most of the animals I am completely unfamiliar with and I have to refine my search image. On my first morning I encountered fleeting glimpses of some very beautiful Western Whip Snakes and lots of wall lizards along the old walls of this ancient city. I'm particularly keen on seeing some vipers as we don't have any representatives of that family in Australia (the Death Adder looks like a viper but is an elapid and a great example of convergent evolution). Hope to make some photo posts soon but have spent the last couple of days knocked out with the flu
Greg Wallis

Hometown: melbourne

Re: Hi from Australia and Italy

Postby Daniel Kane » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:21 pm

Hi Greg, welcome here. Hope you find loads of herps while you're in Italy, and no doubt you will learn about them on here. I don't think that I am speaking just for myself when I say that I'm very interested in seeing some of your photos from down under!
Daniel Kane

Hometown: London

Postby Mario Schweiger » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:06 am

Hi Greg,
nice to have you here!
As Daniel said, I hope you will not forget us, when you will be back in Australia and show us some kind stuff from there.

Mario
Mario (Admin)

Please visit also my personal Herp-site vipersgarden.at
Mario Schweiger
Site Admin

Hometown: Obertrum

Postby Ilian Velikov » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:19 pm

Welcome! Yeah, I can't wait to see some photos from the lizard heaven.
Ilian Velikov

Hometown: Pravets

Postby Gabriel Martínez » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:18 am

Hi Greg,

Acantophis is not a true viper, but is as cool as any viper, including caudal luring! Hope that you enjoy in Italy with the interesting aspis

Cheers from Madrid
Gabriel Martínez

Hometown: Madrid

Postby Greg Wallis » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:29 am

Thanks for the welcome. My time in Europe has now come to an end and I'm heading home to late spring which is good news. I will post some video and photos in the relevant areas of the forum if you want to have a look and try and update you from Australia every now and then.
Greg Wallis

Hometown: melbourne

Return to Introduce yourself