Hello from Christchurch, UK

The admin would like to ask all our members to give a short introduction of themselves here - also please include a picture of yourself, so we will recognize you in the field.

Hello from Christchurch, UK

Postby David Burgess » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:09 am

Hi all,

I've been keen on snakes since visiting Ilfracombe zoo with my dad more years ago than I care to remember. A spitting cobra did his stuff, covering the aquarium glass with venom and from the point on my curiosity about snakes went into overdrive. It's only in the last few years that I've had the time to go out in the field to look for herps and had some success photographing adders and grass snakes near Basingstoke where I lived.

I now live in Christchurch on the edge of the New Forest so am hoping to take advantage of lots of free time and the heathland habitat to get some good pictures. I'd be happy to hook up with any local enthusiasts to share knowledge and experience. I love the pictures and field-trip acounts on this site and am very keen to visit other European locations so if anyone is putting together a group of enthusiasts for a trip I'd be interested in joining a party.

Last weekend I was excited to see my first black adder, well at least its rear half as it slithered off into dense heather. Hoping for lots more of this next season.
Rgds
David
David Burgess

Hometown: Christchurch

Re: Hello from Christchurch, UK

Postby Jeroen Speybroeck » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:04 pm

Welcome !
Jeroen Speybroeck
Site Admin

Hometown: Merelbeke

Re: Hello from Christchurch, UK

Postby Ray Hamilton » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:40 pm

Hi David,

My wife and I have just moved down to the south coast from Oxfordshire. We are currently house hunting whilst living in a bedsit in Southbourne. Spent this weekend walking around Christchurch and Bournemouth looking for properties (and reptiles). Would be more than happy to hook up for a walk out one morning.

Ray.
Ray Hamilton

Hometown: Bournemouth

Return to Introduce yourself