Herper since a child

The admin would like to ask all our members to give a short introduction of themselves here - also please include a picture of yourself, so we will recognize you in the field.

Herper since a child

Postby Robert Andrews » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:31 pm

I live in the U.K and for many years have visited our south coast to observe all our native ( and non native) herps.

This year however I am planning to visit a few European locations with my family and will try to look around there whilst I am holidaying!

Hope to chat with some who know the area around where I am going and get some tips for whilst I am away.

:-) Thanks,

Rob
Robert Andrews

Hometown: London

Re: Herper since a child

Postby Jeroen Speybroeck » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:18 am

Welcome, Rob!
Jeroen Speybroeck
Site Admin

Hometown: Merelbeke

Postby Berislav Horvatic » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:11 pm

Robert Andrews wrote:Hope to chat with some who know the area around where I am going and get some tips
for whilst I am away.

But where's the area around where you're going? "Europe" is certainly not precise enough
as a locality - not for any practical purposes.
I'm sure a lot of "Europeans" would be ready & willing to help you, but you must specify
where and when.
Also, a more extensive introduction from your side would certainly prove beneficial to
that end. Just a friendly advice.
Berislav Horvatic

Hometown: Zagreb

Postby Tyrone Ping » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:26 pm

Welcome!
Tyrone Ping

Hometown: Durban

Postby Bobby Bok » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:49 am

Welcome Robert!
Bobby Bok

Hometown: Heemskerk

Postby Robert Andrews » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:34 pm

Berislav Horvatic wrote:
Robert Andrews wrote:Hope to chat with some who know the area around where I am going and get some tips
for whilst I am away.

But where's the area around where you're going? "Europe" is certainly not precise enough
as a locality - not for any practical purposes.
I'm sure a lot of "Europeans" would be ready & willing to help you, but you must specify
where and when.
Also, a more extensive introduction from your side would certainly prove beneficial to
that end. Just a friendly advice.

Well Next month I am visiting the Algarve with family and am staying near Tavira but plan to travel all around the south coast and possibly into Spain, west of Sevilla.

Is there anything I need to watch out for around there? Having only ever searched in the U.K it's been relatively safe ( although when I look there are more smooth snakes than Adders for some reason.)

Also later in the year I am going to Sardinia.
Robert Andrews

Hometown: London

Return to Introduce yourself