Hi from the UK

The admin would like to ask all our members to give a short introduction of themselves here - also please include a picture of yourself, so we will recognize you in the field.

Hi from the UK

Postby James Spencer » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:03 pm

E40896AF-21C1-42FE-BC5C-C31C1755F563.jpeg

Hi guys,

I’m a 37 year old field naturalist with appreciation of a number of taxa but a lifelong passion for reptiles (largely driven by books and TV as a kid - this is England after all). Over the last few years I have been coming across the UKs native herps more regularly and have found myself drawn to the online communities and also having a couple of colleagues who are lifelong herpers, one of which is on the forum.

My third species of reptile in the UK was Leatherback Turtle and I have since seen my second individual thanks to occasional bouts of offshore work. I have now rectified the main misses excluding Sand Lizard so that is on the agenda. I love to get out and amongst it, especially when abroad, either in Europe or elsewhere and have recently had my first foray into North American herps in the Everglades which was fun.

I’m here to learn a bit, enjoy the reports and hopefully share the odd thing.

Cheers

James
James Spencer

Hometown: Nafferton

Re: Hi from the UK

Postby James Spencer » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:14 pm

And here is a quick video of my recent trip to Florida including my first attempts at roadcruising. Apologies for the swearing but the python was my first road cruised snake.

There is a brief write up here:

http://idiocybirding.blogspot.com/2019/08/everybodys-goin-herping-herping-usa.html

http://idiocybirding.blogspot.com/2019/09/everybodys-goin-herping-herping-usa.html

Edit: For some reason I cant get the video to embed - it is on the second post.
James Spencer

Hometown: Nafferton

Postby Jeroen Speybroeck » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:50 pm

Welcome!
Jeroen Speybroeck
Site Admin

Hometown: Merelbeke

Postby Pablo Deschepper » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:54 pm

Welcome!
Pablo Deschepper