Hi from Switzerland

The admin would like to ask all our members to give a short introduction of themselves here - also please include a picture of yourself, so we will recognize you in the field.

Hi from Switzerland

Postby Andreas Schild » Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:04 pm

Hi Everyone,

My name is Andreas Schild (m25):
ResizerImage1200X1600.jpg

(Comment on the picture: you could see a bear in the scope)

I grew up on a farm. Since I was a kid I was interested in all the animals of this world (and of course the extinct one too - dinosaurs). But reptiles and amphibians, especially snakes, were always my favorites.

I studied biology at the University of Bern. Made my Master's Thesis on grass snakes in southern Switzerland (which means 4 months of running/swimming after them). Currently, I am getting my diploma to become a high school teacher.
ResizerImage1600X1200.jpg

When I met like-minded biologists at uni and discovered their enthusiasm and effort for trips and excursions to search for animals (I am, of course, talking about birders), it was then that I realized that I need and want this too. That I had neglected this passion of mine. So now I am more frequently going to the field, specifically searching for herps, got a camera from a friend to take pictures. I am still a beginner, don't know many spots, don't have the money or time to travel a lot... I just love to be outside, rejoice in every animal I find, even if it is the 100th time!

Some pictures I've taken:
Photo Resizer 2021_02_17_04_39_33.jpg

Photo Resizer 2021_02_17_04_40_34.jpg

Photo Resizer 2021_02_17_04_41_25.jpg

Photo Resizer 2021_02_17_04_41_42.jpg

Photo Resizer 2021_02_17_04_42_07.jpg
Andreas Schild

Hometown: Brienzwiler

Re: Hi from Switzerland

Postby Andreas Schild » Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:28 am

Aahh I forgot to write that my supervisor for the thesis was a.o. Sylvain Ursenbacher ;)
Andreas Schild

Postby Andre Schmid » Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:17 am

Welcome on fieldherping.eu Andreas :)
Andre Schmid

Hometown: Rottweil

Postby Matthias Kaiser » Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:40 am

Hi Andreas

Are you still located in Brienzwiler? A very good opportunity to meet fellow herpers is alwas the karch herpetokolloquium in Dezember, but I guess you already know about this one from Sylvain.

Best,
Matthias
Matthias Kaiser

Hometown: Luzern

Postby Andreas Schild » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:04 am

Andre Schmid wrote:Welcome on fieldherping.eu Andreas :)

Thank you :D

Matthias Kaiser wrote:Are you still located in Brienzwiler? A very good opportunity to meet fellow herpers is alwas the karch herpetokolloquium in Dezember, but I guess you already know about this one from Sylvain.

Yes, I do. But during the week I am staying in Bern for my studies. ;)
Andreas Schild

Return to Introduce yourself