Hello

The admin would like to ask all our members to give a short introduction of themselves here - also please include a picture of yourself, so we will recognize you in the field.

Hello

Postby Dominik Hauser » Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:28 pm

Hello,

I´m new here for some days and its exactly what I was searching for.
I´m 19 years old, from the south of Germany near Lake Constance. Since I´m about 10 years old, my special interest was in reptiles and amphibians, it was about that time I also startet to keep different species, my interest already at that time was especially with tortoises (Testudo spec.) and terrapins. Also it were more the european and north african species than the "exotic" ones from abroad that was fascinating.
So for about two years I more and more stop keeping now (except my Testudo and Podarcis) and more search for the animals in their habitats. I´m not the best Photographer ;) but I´m a lot outside, nearly every holiday is for fieldherping at the moment.
The next bigger trip will be after school this year from july till about mid of august when I will make a tour through the north of Italy, Slovenia and Croatia (with the three big islands in the north).

I hope to meet a lot of nice people here.

Dominik
Dominik Hauser

Hometown: Weingarten BW

Re: Hello

Postby Daniel Kane » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:42 pm

Hello Dom,

Welcome, nice to see other younger herpers here! I am in a similar situation to yourself - interested in mainly the European and North African reptiles (and amphibians), although unlike you my parents would never allow me to keep pets - I asked for a pet snake for Christmas every year since I was 7! Looks like it's going to have to wait until after uni now... Which Podarcis species do you keep?
Daniel Kane

Hometown: London

Postby Dominik Hauser » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:03 pm

Hello Daniel,

I only keep a pair of Podarcis muralis nigriventris and sometimes their juvenils.
I´m very happy to see some other young interested persons here. You have very nice pictures on your website.

Dom
Dominik Hauser

Postby Andre Schmid » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:20 pm

Welcome,

nice to see other persons from the rainy south in germany :lol:
Andre Schmid

Hometown: Rottweil

Postby Guillaume Gomard » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:49 pm

Welcome Dominik and do not hesitate to post few pictures of your beautiful region! ... and of its reptiles of course ;) I've seen you plan to fly to Slovenia this summer, to you already have an idea of interesting places to go?
Guillaume Gomard

Hometown: Strasbourg

Postby Dominik Hauser » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:50 pm

Hello,

yes but I´ve no special places to go there till now. On my way down (I go by motorbike) I will probably drive near the coast. On my way back I want to drive through the central part. At the moment there are only plans for Croatia where especially to go.
If you are interested I will post some pictures of our reptile areas here in the south, the next weeks .
Dominik Hauser

Return to Introduce yourself