Hello from the UK

The admin would like to ask all our members to give a short introduction of themselves here - also please include a picture of yourself, so we will recognize you in the field.

Hello from the UK

Postby Neil Rowntree » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:18 pm

Hola,

My name is Neil. I was born in 1985 and have always had a great interest in reptiles & amphibians but unfortunately I live in the north of England so there's not too many around! During a couple of trips to Spain and Greece I realised that my identification of some european species wasn't quite up to scratch, so I have joined this community to expand my knowledge and also to enjoy some of the awesome photography you folks have uploaded!

I spend a lot of my time in Northumberland observing v.berus, a.fragilis and z.vivipara, although this summer I did manage to escape to Corfu for a week where I caught my first Elaphe quatuorlineata.

Anyway, it's good to be here - and let's hope winter doesn't last too long!
Neil Rowntree

Hometown: Newcastle

Re: Hello from the UK

Postby Jürgen Gebhart » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:48 pm

Welcome on Board Neil!

126 Days = 01.03.2012 :cry: :( :cry:
Jürgen Gebhart

Hometown: Wiedergeltingen Bavaria

Postby Mario Schweiger » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:19 pm

Welcome Neil!

.............................and also to enjoy some of the awesome photography you folks have uploaded!

Happy, you like them!

I spend a lot of my time in Northumberland observing v.berus, a.fragilis and z.vivipara

just observing? Or also some pics made, you may share here?

although this summer I did manage to escape to Corfu for a week where I caught my first Elaphe quatuorlineata.

Another request on pictures by the admin ;)

Mario
Mario (Admin)

Please visit also my personal Herp-site vipersgarden.at
Mario Schweiger
Site Admin

Hometown: Obertrum

Postby Bobby Bok » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:26 pm

Neil Rowntree wrote: where I caught my first Elaphe quatuorlineata.

That's a species that is still on my wishlist, only observed them dor unfortunately... But welcome here!
Bobby Bok

Hometown: Heemskerk

Postby Neil Rowntree » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:31 pm

Hullo,

Mario - I've taken a few photos but because they're not ideal i'll just post them in this conversation. No decent ones of A.fragilis i'm afraid...plus credit must go to my brother for taking some of these photos as we usually go reptile searching together and the camera changes hands quite frequently.

Bobby - E.quatuorlineata was a species i'd always been keen on seeing too - it's a shame lots of species are too often dor. the one that i caught was easily the largest snake i've ever seen and was not too willing to pose for photos! managed one blurry shot but not worth uploading. However, the memory remains...! I'm sure you'll tick it off your wishlist soon enough!
Attachments
z.vivipara1a.JPG
z.vivipara3a.JPG
IMG_1462a.jpg
IMG_3464a.JPG
IMG_3468a.JPG
http://northumberlandexplorer.weebly.com/
Neil Rowntree

Hometown: Newcastle

Return to Introduce yourself