The Last of the United States

For your reports/images, made outside Europe and the "Mediterranean" countries. Not to be too narrow minded and limited to our European/Mediterranean herps.

Re: The Last of the United States

Postby Ray Hamilton » Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:43 am

Great post with stunning photos. Enjoyed the scenic shots as well as the herps so thanks for posting.

Your shot of Agkistrodon c. contortrix is a beauty. It really catches the eye.
Ray Hamilton

Hometown: Bournemouth

Postby Laura Bok » Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:19 pm

Super-duper post with A LOT of stunning pictures - of landscapes and animals alike. Thanks for posting (are you sure this is going to be "The Last of the United States" :( ?)
Laura
Laura Bok

Hometown: Munich

Postby Matthijs Hollanders » Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:21 pm

Thanks everyone!

Gabriel Martínez wrote:It´s impossible to work with this kind of posts. Thamnophis marcianus marcianus is absolutely cool, as some Natrix natrix ssp. of Europe. The board with 4 big snakes had to be a magic moment. The funnel traps with 2 vipers also very cool (A. piscivorus is there as common as Florida¿?). And my favourite photo is the Agkistrodon contortrix contortrix so clean (like just shed) with the tail so yellow. Rest of photos very well too. Very good man!!Thanks again for sharing

The board was definitely a WTF moment. Almost as crazy as flipping ten Nerodia clarkii under two boards on top of each other. EDIT: Yes, cottonmouths are trash snakes in many places. Sometimes I just drive by them on good nights. I remember one April afternoon where I saw 25 in one afternoon. That day, I stood still somewhere and could count four cottonmouths, one ribbon snakes, and one huge snapping turtle at my feet.

Bastien Comment wrote:Fantastic report, thanks for sharing!! I love the Lampropeltis Getula, I have a splendida at home and I see you've found some in your trip ;)

Splendida are splendid.

Laura Tiemann wrote:Super-duper post with A LOT of stunning pictures - of landscapes and animals alike. Thanks for posting (are you sure this is going to be "The Last of the United States" :( ?)
Laura

Laura, no worries. I got some posts to come.
Matthijs Hollanders

Hometown: Wageningen

Postby Sandra Panienka » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:09 pm

That is one heck of an overwhelming post. Thanks for sharing all those great pics! I know your posts from the fhf, great to have you here. I also hope you'll show us more stuff from the States. I really love the head shot of that anthicus, that's a very cool looking snake. And the masticophis looks pretty damn cool as well.
Sandra Panienka

Hometown: Heidelberg

Previous

Return to Herping in the rest of the world