From Phoenix/AZ to Las Vegas/NV

For your reports/images, made outside Europe and the "Mediterranean" countries. Not to be too narrow minded and limited to our European/Mediterranean herps.

Re: From Phoenix/AZ to Las Vegas/NV

Postby Laura Bok » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:25 pm

Jeroen Speybroeck wrote:Imho, the redwoods are always wet enough for at least some herps, especially 'manders. :D

Exactly what I needed to hear... :D
Laura Bok
 
Posts: 237
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:04 pm
Hometown: Munich
country: Germany

Re: From Phoenix/AZ to Las Vegas/NV

Postby Rémon ter Harmsel » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:49 pm

Laura Tiemann wrote:
Jeroen Speybroeck wrote:Imho, the redwoods are always wet enough for at least some herps, especially 'manders. :D

Exactly what I needed to hear... :D


Not agreeing totally :roll: Even in redwoods found a lot of dried out streams last year September :shock:
Rémon ter Harmsel
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:45 pm
Hometown: Wageningen
country: Netherlands

Re: From Phoenix/AZ to Las Vegas/NV

Postby Jürgen Gebhart » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:43 pm

Jeroen Speybroeck wrote: The only solution is to keep cruising all night, try to reach higher altitude and be satisfied with 1 snake per night at best. You should have gone as high up the Mogollon Rim as possible to look for cerberus :P .


Jeroen, I know how road cruising works in an Fieldherping-Trip, but do you know how road cruising works in a Honeymoon-Trip with a not in Herps interested wife?

First crusing, I told her that I have to drive this road to look for snakes.
After 20 min. I turned the car, she asked what I`m doing now and I told her that we drive this road again.
Can you imagine how grumpy her Face looks like?
20 min. later I turned the car again.
No Sir no, you can not imagine her Face now!!
20 min. later - do you think I was brave enough to turn the car again? ;)
User avatar
Jürgen Gebhart
 
Posts: 1423
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:17 am
Hometown: Wiedergeltingen Bavaria
country: Germany

Re: From Phoenix/AZ to Las Vegas/NV

Postby Jeroen Speybroeck » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:04 am

Haha, well, yes we can't have it all every time ;)
Jeroen Speybroeck
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3154
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:18 am
Hometown: Merelbeke
country: Belgium

Re: From Phoenix/AZ to Las Vegas/NV

Postby Kristian Munkholm » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:18 pm

Jürgen Gebhart wrote:
Jeroen Speybroeck wrote: The only solution is to keep cruising all night, try to reach higher altitude and be satisfied with 1 snake per night at best. You should have gone as high up the Mogollon Rim as possible to look for cerberus :P .


Jeroen, I know how road cruising works in an Fieldherping-Trip, but do you know how road cruising works in a Honeymoon-Trip with a not in Herps interested wife?

First crusing, I told her that I have to drive this road to look for snakes.
After 20 min. I turned the car, she asked what I`m doing now and I told her that we drive this road again.
Can you imagine how grumpy her Face looks like?
20 min. later I turned the car again.
No Sir no, you can not imagine her Face now!!
20 min. later - do you think I was brave enough to turn the car again? ;)


I recognize that.

I took my wife and kids tracking at night in the dunes. The kids - 5 and and 9 years old at the time - were fine but my wife insisted on going back to the tent after five minutes (which she claims was an hour) :?
Kristian Munkholm
 
Posts: 449
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 2:04 pm
Hometown: Copenhagen
country: Denmark

Re: From Phoenix/AZ to Las Vegas/NV

Postby Laura Bok » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:31 am

Ja, I am also already wondering how much my better half will participate in herping activities during the upcoming trip. I hope I can lure him away from the motel pools sometimes.

:D
Laura Bok
 
Posts: 237
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:04 pm
Hometown: Munich
country: Germany

Re: From Phoenix/AZ to Las Vegas/NV

Postby Paul Lambourne » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:01 pm

Laura Tiemann wrote:Ja, I am also already wondering how much my better half will participate in herping activities during the upcoming trip. I hope I can lure him away from the motel pools sometimes.


Laura, tell him there is a jaunty hat shop somewhere along the road, he will happily cruise up and down for hours..... :D
User avatar
Paul Lambourne
 
Posts: 590
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:47 pm
Hometown: London
country: England

Re: From Phoenix/AZ to Las Vegas/NV

Postby Jürgen Gebhart » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:55 pm

Laura Tiemann wrote:Ja, I am also already wondering how much my better half will participate in herping activities during the upcoming trip. I hope I can lure him away from the motel pools sometimes.

:D


The US must be heaven for Mr. Bob, every Motel has a pool and at every Corner is a Mc Donald.
Laura you will be in trouble to get him back to Europe.
User avatar
Jürgen Gebhart
 
Posts: 1423
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:17 am
Hometown: Wiedergeltingen Bavaria
country: Germany

Re: From Phoenix/AZ to Las Vegas/NV

Postby Bastien Comment » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:15 pm

Beautiful pictures Jürgen! Like others, I think you rock in that pretty suit and you are a very lucky man with a beautiful wife! ;) Even Elina (who you met when you came in Switzerland) told me you look like a normal person like that :lol:

Since we met in Spring, I also decided not to take any risk of letting her go so I married her :D I'm now writing from Moscow where I just spent 2 weeks and actually even if I didn't expect to find snakes here, a report will come soon...yes I know, I should still put the one from Namibia from December 2013 but actually, Moscow is a better place for vipers than I had thought as we saw 7 adders within 2 to 3 hours of search ;)

Cheers my friend and hope to see you soon again, if not this year maybe the next one :)
Bastien Comment
 
Posts: 192
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:12 pm
Hometown: Lausanne
country: Switzerland

Previous

Return to Herping in the rest of the world

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest