Namibia - December 2013

For your reports/images, made outside Europe and the "Mediterranean" countries. Not to be too narrow minded and limited to our European/Mediterranean herps.

Re: Namibia - December 2013

Postby Jeroen Speybroeck » Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:19 am

Bastien Comment wrote:Ruggero: I didn't have the possibility to go with a car at nights

Looking at how the scenery resembles imho some of the American deserts (more so than N Africa or the Middle East, I'd say), I could imagine this to make a whole lot of difference, unfortunately.

Your Malagasy report remains epic.
Jeroen Speybroeck
Site Admin

Hometown: Merelbeke

Re: Namibia - December 2013

Postby Bastien Comment » Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:12 pm

Martti: the black cobra was found just before the Namibian boarder next to Orange River. Regarding the place and the difficulty to find snakes there, I obviously compare with what I know and the place I know the best is where I live where if the conditions are right I'm 99,9 % sure to find snakes (and rather 10 than 1) hence the frustration of my Namibian trip. By the way, I confirm that I love your post already and I'm looking forward to seeing the 2nd part ;)

Jeroen: there's indeed a good chance that it could have made a difference but the problem is that I didn't have the opportunity to use the car as our tents were on the roof and once in place, it was obviously not possible to drive anymore.
Bastien Comment

Hometown: Lausanne

Previous

Return to Herping in the rest of the world