Spring finds: KZN, South Africa (Reptiles and Amphibians)

For your reports/images, made outside Europe and the "Mediterranean" countries. Not to be too narrow minded and limited to our European/Mediterranean herps.

Re: Spring finds: KZN, South Africa (Reptiles and Amphibians

Postby Berislav Horvatic » Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:00 pm

Nick Evans wrote:Berislav, I was interested and took note ;) Thanks again for your concern, both of you :D

Well, keep on, take care, stay alive, and keep sending us more of your splendid reports,
what else.
Regarding my concern, I know that even the best have been bitten once in a while - only
it's not the same thing whether one makes a "mistake" with a viper, or a mamba, that's all.

(I've been bitten by a venomous snake only once, but it was just a juvenile Vipera ursinii
- a child's play indeed - and its fangs just happened to hit my fingernail - so, no harm at all
done (at least to me), and I can only strongly hope the little one didn't break its fangs...)
Berislav Horvatic

Hometown: Zagreb

Postby Bastien Comment » Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:49 pm

Great report as usually! Although I already follow you on FB, I always enjoy seeing your pictures again. Next time I go to south Africa, I really have to contact you and come in your area because last time, I've made a 10 days road trip in Namibia and only saw 2 dead snakes... Take care and keep on the great work! Thanks again for sharing your pictures with us ;)

Btw, you scare my wife a lot, the black mamba is the snake she fears the most on earth so when she sees you holding the big ones you hold, she is close to a stroke... :D
Bastien Comment

Hometown: Lausanne

Postby Nick Evans » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:59 am

Thank you guys for the feedback :)

Berislav, glad you had some luck on your side!!! Phew!

Thanks for the support Bastien, sorry that I scare your wife :lol: Tell her they're not so bad, people are a lot more scary ;) Especially here in South Africa!
Nick Evans

Hometown: Durban

Postby Aleksandar Simovic » Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:25 pm

Very nice!
Aleksandar Simovic

Hometown: Belgrade

Previous

Return to Herping in the rest of the world