United Arab Emirates

For your reports/images, made outside Europe and the "Mediterranean" countries. Not to be too narrow minded and limited to our European/Mediterranean herps.

Re: United Arab Emirates

Postby GertJan Verspui » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:35 pm

Matthijs, 2(or3) camera controled sb200 flashes and I am trying out almost all possible positions, its fun, but takes some time.

Thanks Gabri, I dont think he really loved the 'cry me a river' song, but he kept singing it during the week, I was lucky I already had chosen a song, otherwise Jurgen would have made sure that Justin was in my head all the time..

He is still that strong german, but please do NOT play Justin Bieber when he is around, he might like it ;)
Amphibian & Reptile Adventures http://www.gertjanverspui.com
Instagram: @gj.verspui_wildlife
Facebook: Gerrit Jan Verspui
GertJan Verspui

Hometown: Giessenburg

Postby Berislav Horvatic » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:15 am

GertJan Verspui wrote:Berislav, it sounds much better when a German says it, so imagine that.

Sorry, but I can't. Or if I actually try, it doesn't help - well, ME, at least. And does not answer my queries. But never mind,
it's certainly "OFF TOPIC" - which seems to have become almost the saying here, in this forum - quite a verdict, mind you,
at least regarding my "untoward" comments... "Bero, not you again, with your..." But Bero just adores clarity, and that's
really all to it. Of course he can also tolerate bad English of all kinds, just provided it's understandable... and serving the
purpose (of clear communication, what else...)
In any case, regarding this subject, roger & over.
Berislav Horvatic

Hometown: Zagreb

Postby GertJan Verspui » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:08 am

Berislav, thanks for the very clear communication about..... who knows? :lol: Roger out (R+)
GertJan Verspui

Postby Berislav Horvatic » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:58 pm

GertJan Verspui wrote:Berislav, thanks for the very clear communication about..... who knows? :lol: Roger out (R+)

Well, refer (that is, go back) to what you wrote (and I quoted), then maybe you'll get the "about".
But never mind, it's most certainly "off topic" anyway, as I already said. And "off topic" has really
become a sort of "verdict" around here, if not a threat, so I'd rather give up.
Anyhow, I certainly have to admit that I was simply wrong with my "roger & over", it should have
been "roger & out":
Over: "This is the end of my transmission to you and a response is necessary. Go ahead: transmit."
Out: "This is the end of my transmission to you and no answer is required or expected."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Procedure_word#Out
Sic.
No hard feelings, I strongly hope.
Berislav Horvatic

Postby GertJan Verspui » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:28 pm

Berislav, never hard feelings, no worries, what you called 'off topic' was maybe off topic to you, but on a forum there are probably many things that are not understood by everybody and who cares... I don't, thats clear I guess

If you really still want to know, give my friend Jürgen a call and ask him to pronounce Justin Timberlake in his most dirty way, maybe this so non important off topic subject is not a 'you should have been there' thing anymore..

I really don't need explanation about 'roger over' or 'roger out', but 'roger & over' or 'roger & out' do not exist, maybe on really bad wiki pages ;) but this is really a topic nobody on this forum cares one bit about.

See you later.
GertJan Verspui

Postby Jeroen Speybroeck » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:06 pm

GertJan Verspui wrote:this is really a topic nobody on this forum cares one bit about.
Jeroen Speybroeck
Site Admin

Hometown: Merelbeke

Postby Berislav Horvatic » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:20 pm

GertJan Verspui wrote:Berislav, never hard feelings, no worries, what you called 'off topic' was maybe off topic to you...

Not to me - I actually meant some rather sharp "verdicts" of other people regarding my previous (too many?) "off topic",
let's say, "excesses"... Meaning, "Bero has had too many irrelevant comments, will he stop doing that...?"
...but on a forum there are probably many things that are not understood by everybody and who cares... I don't, thats
clear I guess

Peace (NOT piss) on you, brother. And everyone around here.
Berislav Horvatic

Postby Berislav Horvatic » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:29 pm

Jeroen Speybroeck wrote:
GertJan Verspui wrote:this is really a topic nobody on this forum cares one bit about.

Well, Jeroen, please, don't tell me you have really asked the people around here what they care about.
Berislav Horvatic

Postby Mario Schweiger » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:16 am

Michael Glass wrote:Since Bero cares, the statement is proven wrong. Maybe it would be a good idea to offload English/German nitpick-language curiosities into a dedicated thread in the Cafe that Bero moderates? That is a serious suggestion.
;) +1
If Berislav would like it - YESSSSS!
Mario (Admin)

Please visit also my personal Herp-site vipersgarden.at
Mario Schweiger
Site Admin

Hometown: Obertrum

Postby Berislav Horvatic » Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:46 pm

Mario Schweiger wrote:
Michael Glass wrote:Since Bero cares, the statement is proven wrong. Maybe it would be a good idea to offload English/German nitpick-language curiosities into a dedicated thread in the Cafe that Bero moderates? That is a serious suggestion.
;) +1
If Berislav would like it - YESSSSS!

No, he wouldn't. Thanks a lot for the proposal.
Since Bero cares, the statement is proven wrong.

Thanks, Micha. Now you're the one giving people a lesson in logics, instead of me. But take care and beware,
since it's become quite dangerous around here...
Berislav Horvatic

PreviousNext

Return to Herping in the rest of the world