Herping Namibia - 5 000 km's a photographic diary.

For your reports/images, made outside Europe and the "Mediterranean" countries. Not to be too narrow minded and limited to our European/Mediterranean herps.

Herping Namibia - 5 000 km's a photographic diary.

Postby Tyrone Ping » Sun May 27, 2018 7:13 am

It's been far too long since I have posted any field herping updates - sometimes life gets in the way. At the end of 2017 I embarked on a massive field herping trip with good friend Francois Theart here are two reports of our trip with teh third still to come.

Image

Part one is here: http://www.tyroneping.co.za/namibia-2017-part-1/

Part two is here: http://www.tyroneping.co.za/namibia-great-adventure-part-2/

Image

Please enjoy!

- Tyrone.

Herping Namibia - 5 000 km's a photographic diary.
User avatar
Tyrone Ping
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:49 am
Hometown: Durban
country: SouthAfrica

Re: Herping Namibia - 5 000 km's a photographic diary.

Postby Bobby Bok » Sun May 27, 2018 8:34 am

Fantastic report Tyrone, really have to visit that part of the world myself soon. Love those Bitis! What would be the best time of the year to visit Namibia? Because I imagine those Phrynomantis to be active only at certain parts of the year.
User avatar
Bobby Bok
 
Posts: 916
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:11 pm
Hometown: Heemskerk
country: Netherlands

Re: Herping Namibia - 5 000 km's a photographic diary.

Postby Niklas Ban » Sun May 27, 2018 11:48 am

Very decent photography! I very like the Rhoptropus bradfieldi habitat shot in the first one and of course the mass of dwarf-bitis images. Thanks for sharing! :)
User avatar
Niklas Ban
 
Posts: 617
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:30 pm
Location: Düsseldorf
Hometown: Duesseldorf
country: Germany

Re: Herping Namibia - 5 000 km's a photographic diary.

Postby Tyrone Ping » Sun May 27, 2018 4:22 pm

Bobby Bok wrote:Fantastic report Tyrone, really have to visit that part of the world myself soon. Love those Bitis! What would be the best time of the year to visit Namibia? Because I imagine those Phrynomantis to be active only at certain parts of the year.


Cheers, this was in November but typically the rainy season from December - March is best. But there are just so many animals to be found anytime is a good time.
User avatar
Tyrone Ping
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:49 am
Hometown: Durban
country: SouthAfrica

Re: Herping Namibia - 5 000 km's a photographic diary.

Postby Tyrone Ping » Sun May 27, 2018 4:22 pm

Niklas Ban wrote:Very decent photography! I very like the Rhoptropus bradfieldi habitat shot in the first one and of course the mass of dwarf-bitis images. Thanks for sharing! :)


Cheers - thanks for looking!
User avatar
Tyrone Ping
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:49 am
Hometown: Durban
country: SouthAfrica

Re: Herping Namibia - 5 000 km's a photographic diary.

Postby Bobby Bok » Mon May 28, 2018 10:25 am

Tyrone Ping wrote:
Bobby Bok wrote:Fantastic report Tyrone, really have to visit that part of the world myself soon. Love those Bitis! What would be the best time of the year to visit Namibia? Because I imagine those Phrynomantis to be active only at certain parts of the year.


Cheers, this was in November but typically the rainy season from December - March is best. But there are just so many animals to be found anytime is a good time.


That might coincide with my Christmas holidays sometime ;)
User avatar
Bobby Bok
 
Posts: 916
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:11 pm
Hometown: Heemskerk
country: Netherlands


Return to Herping in the rest of the world

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron