Herping Namibia - 5 000 km's a photographic diary.

For your reports/images, made outside Europe and the "Mediterranean" countries. Not to be too narrow minded and limited to our European/Mediterranean herps.

Postby Tyrone Ping » Sun May 27, 2018 7:13 am

It's been far too long since I have posted any field herping updates - sometimes life gets in the way. At the end of 2017 I embarked on a massive field herping trip with good friend Francois Theart here are two reports of our trip with teh third still to come.

Part one is here: http://www.tyroneping.co.za/namibia-2017-part-1/

Part two is here: http://www.tyroneping.co.za/namibia-great-adventure-part-2/

Please enjoy!

- Tyrone.

Tyrone Ping

Hometown: Durban

Re: Herping Namibia - 5 000 km's a photographic diary.

Postby Bobby Bok » Sun May 27, 2018 8:34 am

Fantastic report Tyrone, really have to visit that part of the world myself soon. Love those Bitis! What would be the best time of the year to visit Namibia? Because I imagine those Phrynomantis to be active only at certain parts of the year.
Bobby Bok

Hometown: Heemskerk

Postby Niklas Ban » Sun May 27, 2018 11:48 am

Very decent photography! I very like the Rhoptropus bradfieldi habitat shot in the first one and of course the mass of dwarf-bitis images. Thanks for sharing! :)
Niklas Ban

Hometown: Duesseldorf

Postby Tyrone Ping » Sun May 27, 2018 4:22 pm

Bobby Bok wrote:Fantastic report Tyrone, really have to visit that part of the world myself soon. Love those Bitis! What would be the best time of the year to visit Namibia? Because I imagine those Phrynomantis to be active only at certain parts of the year.

Cheers, this was in November but typically the rainy season from December - March is best. But there are just so many animals to be found anytime is a good time.
Tyrone Ping

Postby Tyrone Ping » Sun May 27, 2018 4:22 pm

Niklas Ban wrote:Very decent photography! I very like the Rhoptropus bradfieldi habitat shot in the first one and of course the mass of dwarf-bitis images. Thanks for sharing! :)

Cheers - thanks for looking!
Tyrone Ping

Postby Bobby Bok » Mon May 28, 2018 10:25 am

Tyrone Ping wrote:
Bobby Bok wrote:Fantastic report Tyrone, really have to visit that part of the world myself soon. Love those Bitis! What would be the best time of the year to visit Namibia? Because I imagine those Phrynomantis to be active only at certain parts of the year.

Cheers, this was in November but typically the rainy season from December - March is best. But there are just so many animals to be found anytime is a good time.

That might coincide with my Christmas holidays sometime ;)
Bobby Bok

Hometown: Heemskerk

Return to Herping in the rest of the world