Natrix natrix DNA samples N-France

France, British isles

Natrix natrix DNA samples N-France

Postby Mario Schweiger » Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:35 pm

Dear colleagues,

Robert J. Ward asked for DNA samples of Natrix natrix, prefered from northern France via Herpnet.

Here his question:
Code: Select all
Dear colleagues,

Please allow me to introduce myself as it is my first time using this group. I am a PhD Student at Durrell Institute of Conservation and Ecology, University of Kent (UK) studying the status and conservation of grass snakes (Natrix natrix) and slow-worm (Anguis fragilis) populations in Jersey (Channel Islands). As part of my work I will be carrying out molecular work on the Jersey population of Natrix natrix, and would like to compare them against those found in France (ideally Northern France). I was wondering if anyone had any N. natrix DNA samples they were willing to share, ideally from Northern France. This would ideally consist of scale clips (or other tissue samples from deceased specimens), buccal swabs, or as a final option sloughed skins. Alternatively if anyone has any contacts which may be able to assist with this request, or knows of anyone working on the French population of N. natrix then I would be extremely grateful.

Kind regards,

Rob

if you might help, please contact him via rjw53[at]kent.ac.uk
Mario (Admin)

Please visit also my personal Herp-site vipersgarden.at
Mario Schweiger
Site Admin

Hometown: Obertrum

Return to Western Europe