Tripreport Turkey February 2013

Israel, Jordan, Syria, Lebanon, Iraq, Iran, Turkey, Cyprus

Tripreport Turkey February 2013

Postby Bobby Bok » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:49 pm

I made a new website, a new trip and thus a new tripreport, in English this time! This year's Lyciasalamandra hunt turned out to be a great succes, we also managed to find many other species of amphibian and reptile (35 in total) with thanks to the weather we had and the great team. Thanks again Laura Tiemann, Sjuul Verhaegh and Sandra Panienka!

http://www.herpsafari.nl/tripreports-ou ... ian-coast/

So here it is, enjoy!

Bobby Bok

Hometown: Heemskerk

Re: Tripreport Turkey February 2013

Postby Jürgen Gebhart » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:30 pm

Great pics (as usal), cool video`s, big congrats on the hohenackeri!

I like the trip report in english, I`m not good in that, but better than in Dutch!
Jürgen Gebhart

Hometown: Wiedergeltingen Bavaria

Postby Guillaume Gomard » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:47 pm

It's definitely a good idea to write the reports in english (Google translate has its own limits...). I enjoyed a lot the Lyciasalamandra pictures and as pointed out by Jürgen, finding a hohenackeri deserves some congrats. I liked the scenary video...it really makes me wanna go herping right now (even more when you come back from a ski session in the snowy Black Forest, what a contrast!). If you find the name of the strange arachnid, do not hesitate to put its name.

G.
Guillaume Gomard

Hometown: Strasbourg

Postby Daniel Kane » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:47 pm

Cool trip Bobby & friends! Well done for finding all the salamander targets :)
Daniel Kane

Hometown: London

Postby Heiko Wehner » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:28 pm

Great report with really cool species and pictures, though it makes me even more sad that I wasn't able to join you all...
Heiko Wehner

Hometown: Marburg

Postby Thomas Reich » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:00 pm

GREAT stuff, Bobby! It seems like you had much more favourable weather conditions than we had last year. I envy you having found Zamenis and Ophiomorus. Didn't know that there are two more species of Lyciasalamandra by now.

You also did a good job creating your nice new website. I like that you inserted some movies in your reports. There's obviously a highly dedicated man at work!
Thomas Reich

Hometown: Switzerland

Postby Peter Oefinger » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:26 am

Cool report and very nice new pages!
Peter Oefinger

Hometown: Duesseldorf

Postby Mario Schweiger » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:38 am

Love to see all these Lycian salamanders.
Also to some landscape images, I know quite well.
Thanks for sharing!

Mario
Mario (Admin)

Please visit also my personal Herp-site vipersgarden.at
Mario Schweiger
Site Admin

Hometown: Obertrum

Postby Jeroen Speybroeck » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:09 am

Well, well, well, that's quite an impressive result. Would have loved to have seen those Salamandra, but there's plenty of great stuff! Nothing beats a seemingly endless nocturnal salamander count ;)
Jeroen Speybroeck
Site Admin

Hometown: Merelbeke

Postby Bobby Bok » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:23 am

Thanks a lot everyone! Btw, maybe some of you have still my old link on your own website, would you like to change that into my new URL?

Guillaume Gomard wrote:I liked the scenary video...it really makes me wanna go herping right now (even more when you come back from a ski session in the snowy Black Forest, what a contrast!)

In Holland it's also freezing right now with snow falling down, this video keeps me warm ;) But a strange winter, last year I already had found my first berus....

Daniel Kane wrote:Cool trip Bobby & friends! Well done for finding all the salamander targets :)

We only missed Salamandra infraimmaculata, but we knew that one would be hard to find at this place and this time of year.

Thomas Reich wrote:GREAT stuff, Bobby! It seems like you had much more favourable weather conditions than we had last year. I envy you having found Zamenis and Ophiomorus. Didn't know that there are two more species of Lyciasalamandra by now.

You also did a good job creating your nice new website. I like that you inserted some movies in your reports. There's obviously a highly dedicated man at work!

The weather was way better and the immediate results were the observations. The two new species look very similar but it's fun to just have seen them ;)

Jeroen Speybroeck wrote:Well, well, well, that's quite an impressive result. Would have loved to have seen those Salamandra, but there's plenty of great stuff! Nothing beats a seemingly endless nocturnal salamander count ;)

Especially from this species, fazilae's really look like plastic and to see them crawling arond in these numbers... Hand in de broek moment!
Bobby Bok

Hometown: Heemskerk

Next

Return to Near and Middle East