Second Gaboon of 2015!

For your reports/images, made outside Europe and the "Mediterranean" countries. Not to be too narrow minded and limited to our European/Mediterranean herps.

Re: Second Gaboon of 2015!

Postby Nick Evans » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:59 am

Someone from the relevant authority. I used a hook, it's a pretty easy snake to handle, just heavy!! Awesome animal.

I have no input to the horn question...Not sure what to say there :?:
Nick Evans

Hometown: Durban

Re: Second Gaboon of 2015!

Postby Berislav Horvatic » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:44 pm

Nick Evans wrote:Someone from the relevant authority.

But Nick, I really don't understand... Are you perhaps working for a secret service, or what? If so, I promise
to refrain from asking ever again about any technical details of your activities, for sure...
But if not, then please tell me (us) why would anyone in his right mind lose the precious time to consult any
"relevant authority" just in order to save an animal from imminent danger of being killed on spot - e.g., by
heavy traffic on a busy road. Beats me. Just can't help asking. Apologize for my insisting on a plain answer.

I used a hook, it's a pretty easy snake to handle, just heavy!! Awesome animal.

Some 10 kg or so, I would guess - a real pig indeed. I know that "normal" hooks tend to bend under a weight
like that, so one just has to DRAG the animal away... (as gently as possible, of course, no question and no
doubts about that.)

I have no input to the horn question...Not sure what to say there :?:

Anyone else? (I still think it is an interesting question - not only regarding the Bitis gabonica (sub)species.)
Berislav Horvatic

Hometown: Zagreb

Previous

Return to Herping in the rest of the world