Singapore/Manila

For your reports/images, made outside Europe and the "Mediterranean" countries. Not to be too narrow minded and limited to our European/Mediterranean herps.

Singapore/Manila

Postby Borji Heras » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:05 am

Hello guys
i am working as a cabin crew based in Dubai and i have these two interesting layovers (24h each) next month, anyone can recommend by PM or if its general info here,good herping spots in these places? specially Singapore...would be great to have any contact in the área
I am specially interested in Wagler´s viper and retics

thanks a lot
Borji Heras

Hometown: bilbao

Re: Singapore/Manila

Postby Martti Niskanen » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:12 am

Hi B-man.

Try FieldHerpForum.com. There are several Singapore herpers there. If lucky, you might get good tips for finding Calliophis.

edit: I hope you don't mind recommending other forums, Mario. If you do, please delete at will.
Martti Niskanen

Hometown: Jyvaskyla

Postby Mario Schweiger » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:22 am

Martti Niskanen wrote:
edit: I hope you don't mind recommending other forums, Mario. If you do, please delete at will.

as long as they don't vote for Donald Trump for fieldherpers president, I have no problems with US and other localities herpers :lol: :lol:
Mario (Admin)

Please visit also my personal Herp-site vipersgarden.at
Mario Schweiger
Site Admin

Hometown: Obertrum

Postby Martti Niskanen » Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:26 pm

Mario Schweiger wrote:as long as they don't vote for Donald Trump for fieldherpers president, I have no problems with US and other localities herpers :lol: :lol:

Hah! Sounds fair enough. Some forum heads/moderators don't like the linking to other sites. This is mostly for Euro-herps, so asking on FHF will most likely give Borja better results.
Martti Niskanen

Hometown: Jyvaskyla

Postby Ruggero M. » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:59 am

Having been in Manila more than once in the past, I would not recommend that city for a short herping tour without a local guide/herper: too a dangerous place for tourists... Singapore is fully ok even if you have only 24 hours, but in Manila is maybe a better idea to sleep and enjoy your beautiful (I think) hotel :lol:
Let us know anyway your sightings! ;)
Ruggero M.

Hometown: Pavia

Postby Ilian Velikov » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:24 pm

Ruggero Morimando wrote:Having been in Manila more than once in the past, I would not recommend that city for a short herping tour without a local guide/herper: too a dangerous place for tourists...

Ruggero Morimando wrote:but in Manila is maybe a better idea to sleep and enjoy your beautiful (I think) hotel

I was going to say the same. One of my colleagues at work here in London is from the Philippines and he told me he doesn't think of going back there again ever! I asked him why, he said it's too dangerous. If locals are afraid to go back there you can imagine what the situation is with tourists. So, yeah, no herping in Manila (I'm not even sure if you can trust a guide either).
Ilian Velikov

Hometown: Pravets

Postby Michal Szkudlarek » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:54 pm

Ilian Velikov wrote:
Ruggero Morimando wrote:Having been in Manila more than once in the past, I would not recommend that city for a short herping tour without a local guide/herper: too a dangerous place for tourists...

Ruggero Morimando wrote:but in Manila is maybe a better idea to sleep and enjoy your beautiful (I think) hotel

I was going to say the same. One of my colleagues at work here in London is from the Philippines and he told me he doesn't think of going back there again ever! I asked him why, he said it's too dangerous. If locals are afraid to go back there you can imagine what the situation is with tourists. So, yeah, no herping in Manila (I'm not even sure if you can trust a guide either).

fuck :evil: i was considering moving to philippines and now i see that it is rather bad idea. moreover you can not legally bear arms for self-defence there unless you have citizenship and to get it you have to spend there 10 years or so
Michal Szkudlarek

Hometown: ...

Postby Borji Heras » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:10 pm

Thanks guys

For Singapore I have contacts already
For manila...yeah maybe I will stay in the hotel instead of herping,maybe some tourist stuff during the day...

Didn't know that the situation was so bad there :/

Also if someone can tell me about Phuket or Cebu would be fine,I am flying there sooner or later too
Borji Heras

Hometown: bilbao

Postby Michal Szkudlarek » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:44 pm

Cabin crew member seems to be a great job for herpetoenthusiat.
Michal Szkudlarek

Hometown: ...

Return to Herping in the rest of the world