Texas family visit, April 2017

For your reports/images, made outside Europe and the "Mediterranean" countries. Not to be too narrow minded and limited to our European/Mediterranean herps.

Re: Texas family visit, April 2017

Postby Kristian Munkholm » Mon May 29, 2017 11:01 pm

Michal Szkudlarek wrote:
I like them, but they're hard to get excited about.

Sometimes you almost can't escape getting a little jaded...

what do you mean? do you want to say in the first sentence that these turtles are not liked very much by natives? do you suggest in the second sentence that these turtles chase herpers? :shock:
i like these turtles very much btw, they are almost as cool as mata-mata

No, I'm just saying that from an early age I've grown so used to seeing them that sadly they don't make as much of an impression on me as perhaps they should.

In the context of the preceding two lines which you didn't quote I thought that would be clear.
Kristian Munkholm

Hometown: Copenhagen

Postby Jeroen Speybroeck » Tue May 30, 2017 2:07 am

As some who does love US herping (as any herping where there's decent diversity), I enjoyed this, thanks! Good to know Chelydra is common, so I can count on finding it next time ;). I guess we always want that what we don't have.
Jeroen Speybroeck
Site Admin

Hometown: Merelbeke

Postby Bobby Bok » Tue May 30, 2017 6:10 pm

Kristian Munkholm wrote:
Bobby Bok wrote:Although North America isn't my thing really

Why not?

Couldn't say really... The herps from there just never captivated me as much as those from the Western Palearctic or Africa.
Bobby Bok

Hometown: Heemskerk

Postby Kristian Munkholm » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:30 pm

Jeroen Speybroeck wrote:As some who does love US herping (as any herping where there's decent diversity), I enjoyed this, thanks! Good to know Chelydra is common, so I can count on finding it next time ;).

Thanks, Jeroen.

First time I came back from Texas I was met with a number of reactions from local Texas herpers who were absolutely incredulous I could have missed a live copperhead.

I felt much the same reading about you missing a snapper. You will get it next time.

Jeroen Speybroeck wrote:I guess we always want that what we don't have.

Amen
Kristian Munkholm

Hometown: Copenhagen

Previous

Return to Herping in the rest of the world