Bulgaria, with some species that aren't shown often

Croatia, BiH, Serbia, Macedonia, Romania, Bulgaria, Albania, Kosovo, Montenegro, Greece including ALL islands

Re: Bulgaria, with some species that aren't shown often

Postby Ilian Velikov » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:56 pm

Bobby Bok wrote:Bulgaria is definitely on the menu for next year, maybe as a school excursion

Jeroen Speybroeck wrote:Probably will go back there next year as well.

I would be glad if you let me know before you go. If by any chance I happen to be there at the same time it would be great to finally meet you guys (well, at least for me that is ;) )
Ilian Velikov

Hometown: Pravets

Postby Bobby Bok » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:36 pm

Jeroen Speybroeck wrote:
Bobby Bok wrote:I think this is the best Bulagria tripreport I have seen to date.

Tsss... Only because it has two of your failures staring you in the face. :twisted:
(Just teasing, guys. I'm not writing 'Just teasing, B.' because he knows).

Aaaahh, are you jealous I don't like your report better :lol:

Ilian Velikov wrote:I would be glad if you let me know before you go. If by any chance I happen to be there at the same time it would be great to finally meet you guys (well, at least for me that is ;) )

I will keep this in mind, that would indeed be a long overdue opportunity!
Bobby Bok

Hometown: Heemskerk

Postby Thomas Reich » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:42 pm

Thanks everyone for your kind comments! I really had a great time there, but every journey is unique and it all lies in the eye of the beholder, of course. I imagine that the lizard lovers for example will not be very happy about my report because I intentionally omitted all the ordinary lizards... Also the dull, boring and uninteresting fire salamander from the Pirin Mountains and the Testudos were dropped. :lol: :mrgreen:

One thing I always remark when the weather is so favourable is the problem to decide if you should take your time to photograph the animal that you just found or if you should keep on searching for your main targets. In the beginning, I mostly decided to go for collaris because I absolutely wanted to find this species. So the majority of snake photos was taken after I had found it (therefore no good Malpolon pic). And I once again didn’t have the patience to take presentable pictures of Ablepharus.

Michal Szkudlarek wrote:How did you find the Triturus? With a net at night?

With a net at night. I had a mini aquarium with me, but the water in the pond was way too dirty to photograph the newt inside the aquarium.
Thomas Reich

Hometown: Switzerland

Postby Frank Deschandol » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:55 pm

For searching P. collaris during 3 whole days, middle of May, at several known spots, without seeing any :evil: (though many other species of snakes), hats off to you ! But I will be back..... :)
Frank Deschandol

Hometown: Le Havre

Postby Jeroen Speybroeck » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:31 am

Bobby Bok wrote:Aaaahh, are you jealous I don't like your report better :lol:
Always.
Jeroen Speybroeck
Site Admin

Hometown: Merelbeke

Previous

Return to Balkan peninsula