Problems uploading

The place to talk about fieldtechnics, the stuff you use in the field and everything else

Problems uploading

Postby Paul Lambourne » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:34 pm

Is anybody else having problems uploading trip reports.. I haven't posted for ages due to the difficulties in posting, just tried to upload a trip report and same problems.. its like a lottery win if the home page actually opens.. if it does the trip report goes off line halfway through uploads.

Tried on different laptops, different wifis and phones .. always the same.. server not responding..

Facebook is soooo much easier, any ideas before I give up for good?

Paul
Paul Lambourne

Hometown: London

Re: Problems uploading

Postby Ilian Velikov » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:19 pm

Same here. I can upload a maximum of five images before it crashes and than it wouldn't even load the webpage. I found out that restarting my router gets it going again but you have to upload a small amount of images at a time, post them, and then go "edit" on your post and add the next small batch. All and all it's a pain in the ass (or arse for you Paul ;) ) but it's some sort of solution.
Ilian Velikov

Hometown: Pravets

Postby Rémon ter Harmsel » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:58 pm

same issues here before, if I uploaded too many pictures at the same time the server crashed. Haven't tried recently though.
Rémon ter Harmsel

Hometown: Wageningen

Postby Kevin Byrnes » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:06 am

I have just spent a couple of hours sorting out my trip report, photos ,text etc etc using photobucket to host the pics and then posting the image URLs inbetween the text where I want the pics to appear. I know it will say something like invalid document or similar when I press submit so I highlight all the text and URLs ,right click and copy everything. I can then open it again and press paste and submit, no problem
Kevin Byrnes

Hometown: Maesteg

Postby Mario Schweiger » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:04 am

sorry for all this.
I havn't found a solution until now.
Must be related by the update to a more new php version by my host.
I keep on to fix it.
sorry again
Mario (Admin)

Please visit also my personal Herp-site vipersgarden.at
Mario Schweiger
Site Admin

Hometown: Obertrum

Postby Paul Lambourne » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:32 pm

Mario,

I get the same problems as Ilian, I can load a few pictures, then it crashes.. the error message says 504 which means your server not responding.

Let me know when you get it sorted, I have a few trip reports to post and I'm away again soon ;)

Cheers

Paul
Paul Lambourne

Hometown: London

Postby Kevin Byrnes » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:41 pm

Not related to this site but it will affect the way I and others upload images to various forums, Photobucket now requires it's members to upgrade to a new plan which has an annual fee of $399 to be able to post images :shock:
Kevin Byrnes

Hometown: Maesteg

Postby Lennart Schmid » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:20 am

Kevin Byrnes wrote:Not related to this site but it will affect the way I and others upload images to various forums, Photobucket now requires it's members to upgrade to a new plan which has an annual fee of $399 to be able to post images :shock:

Yes, that is a weird update they have made, kills all the Images in older posts :x.
Ive switched to Flickr now for uploading my images to the forum. I guess they wont do such weird things :D.
So uploading with Flickr still works fine.
Lennart Schmid

Hometown: Heidelberg

Return to FIELDHERPERS CAFE´