Newbie! Where are the ladies at??!!

For your reports/images, made outside Europe and the "Mediterranean" countries. Not to be too narrow minded and limited to our European/Mediterranean herps.

Re: Newbie! Where are the ladies at??!!

Postby Jeroen Speybroeck » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:08 pm

Welcome !!!

Paul Lambourne wrote:People registered on the forum are sound

Should I annoy everyone, reposting a "Who on this forum has (n)ever (illegally) collected European herps?"? Never trust virtual friends and blablabla, yakkadeeyak.
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Jeroen Speybroeck
Site Admin

Hometown: Merelbeke

Postby Jeroen Speybroeck » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:10 pm

Mario, you should conceive a correction factor for the views and replies to posts by women, because they are so scarce, that all these men around here seem to be overjoyed straight away :twisted:
Jeroen Speybroeck
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca Young » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:24 am

Haha! Thanks for such a warm welcome guys :D

Paul, of course, I completely agree with you. Can't wait to get started on both projects, it's going to be an awesome snakey filled year of loveliness (and good science, obviously)! :D

Daniel - I'll also pm you about my project, would be good to hear what you're up to as well! We didn't manage to get a single snap of the mambas in the wild that are worth showing. Just a flash of the occasional tail etc, they were so fast :(

Jeroen Speybroeck wrote:Mario, you should conceive a correction factor for the views and replies to posts by women, because they are so scarce, that all these men around here seem to be overjoyed straight away

Mario - Really? I'm not complaining...!

Will dig out some more pics soon.

Becky.
Rebecca Young

Postby Jeroen Speybroeck » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:48 am

Rebecca Young wrote:Daniel - I'll also pm you about my project, would be good to hear what you're up to as well!

As far as that doesn't damage your projects, I'm sure I'm not the only one who would enjoy to hear a little more about that.
Jeroen Speybroeck
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca Young » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:52 am

Jeroen Speybroeck wrote:As far as that doesn't damage your projects, I'm sure I'm not the only one who would enjoy to hear a little more about that.

I'll be surveying on a relatively newly acquired Woodland Trust site that is using cattle for conservation grazing in some areas to restore heathland. I hope to compare it to an unmanaged heath relatively close by and look at berus' movement between the sites, or lack of it, whatever the case may be :D

The main aim of the study will be, I think, to ascertain whether this restoration method is beneficial or damaging for them. Obviously, providing more/ better habitat for berus in general is a good thing, but I want to focus on the impacts of this management style, which is fairly new, on the resident population(s).

I'll be surveying all year and am in need of regular helpers, so if anyone is relatively local the East Sussex/ Kent border (A21) then please pm me :D

This picture was taken on-site on 28th Jan! (Not by me I should say).

DSCN9466 resized.jpg
DSCN9466 resized.jpg (89.63 KiB) Viewed 3192 times

Becky.
Rebecca Young

Previous

Return to Herping in the rest of the world